From: Banker on
I have a cell on sheet 1 that I have added text to with some bolding,
coloring of text, etc. On Sheet 2 I have a cell that I have told to copy
whatever is in the cell on sheet 1 described above. Why doesn't the
formatting copy over too??
From: Pete_UK on
A formula returns a result, not any formatting.

Pete

From: Gord Dibben on
"told to copy" means you have used a linking formula such as =Sheet1!A1

Linking formulas do not bring over formatting............values only.

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP