From: Newfie809 on
Wondering if someone would be able to help me with this:

A B C
Year Year Service
01-Sep-89 30-Jun-10 = 21 Years

Teachers
From September 1, 1989 to June 30, 1990 = 1 Year of Service.
I know it only 10 months, but that is their year.

Is there a formula that could caculate the number of years
from September 1, 1989 to June 30, 2010.

--
Newfie
From: JLatham on
The general formula for years between dates is
=Year(latest date) - Year(earlier date)
and 2010-1989 = 21 years. So that might work for most cases? A
complication arises if they begin, but don't finish a year, and so you need
to know how to deal with partial years, such as from
01-Sep-89 through 15-Oct-10 That's 21 years of service plus a couple of
months, so how do you want to handle that situation?

From: Newfie809 on
Yes, you are right some may leave at the end of December or the End of June.
But I am looking for a formula that will give us the total number of years of
service. Maybe one formula will work for both?
--
Newfie