From: JD on
I have a spreadsheet with two tabs. The first tab(A) is manually linked to
the information on tab (B). Tab (B) is subtotaled and whenever I change the
subtotal it causes an error message on Tab A. I want to create a formula that
whenever I make a change to tab (B) tab (A) automatically updates without me
having to link it manually.

Tab A Tab B (Subtotal)
Type Amount
Building Repairs 5000 Building Repairs - Total 5000
Building Maintence 1000 Building Maintenace - Total 1000

From: ozgrid.com on
=SUMIF(Sheet1!$A:$A,A1,Sheet1!$B:$B)

Where A1 on Sheet has "Building Repairs"

Or a PivotTable http://www.ozgrid.com/Excel/excel-pivot-tables.htm

--
Regards
Dave Hawley

From: trip_to_tokyo on
EXCEL 2007

This assumes that there is something in tab B cell B 3 that you want to pull
in to tab A cell A 1.

In tab A cell A 1 type:-

=B!B3

Now whatever is in tab B cell B 3 will get pulled in to tab A cell A 1
automatically.

Thanks.