From: Paula on
Hi,

Hope you can help me, I have a report which I need to delete some lines of
data. The criteria is as follows:

Each record can have numerous lines of data and has a unique reference i.e.
MEBACI, however if this record contains any of 9 conditions in column M the
record should be left in full with no deleted lines of data.

However if the record does not contain any of the 9 conditions the entire
record should be deleted from the report.

The 9 conditions are Countires, e.g. UK, France, Germany etc.

Is there any formula which can be used to detect this?

Regards
Paula

From: Mike H on
Paula,

Are you ready for a Macro. Alt+F11 to open VB editor. Right click
'ThisWorkbook' and insert modula and paste the code below in.

Edit these 2 lines
Set sht = Sheets("Sheet1") ' change to suit
S = "France,Germany,Spain,UK" ' add as required

To the correct sheet and the correct countries. Add the necessaey countries
sperated by a comma and NO spaces. Run the code.

Sub Marine()
Dim R As Range
Dim V As Variant
Dim S As String
Dim CopyRange As Range
Set sht = Sheets("Sheet1") ' change to suit
LastRow = sht.Cells(Cells.Rows.Count, "M").End(xlUp).Row
S = "France,Germany,Spain,UK" ' add as required
V = Split(S, ",")
For Each R In sht.Range("M1:M" & LastRow)
If IsError(Application.Match(CStr(R.Value), V, 0)) Then
If CopyRange Is Nothing Then
Set CopyRange = R.EntireRow
Else
Set CopyRange = Union(CopyRange, R.EntireRow)
End If
End If
Next R
If Not CopyRange Is Nothing Then
CopyRange.Delete
End If
End Sub
--
Mike

question.

From: Paula on
Hi Mike,

I am not very familiar with macros, well not at all, is there any way just
to do this with formula?

Regards

Paula

From: Paula on
Hi Mike,

I'm not familiar with macros, is there any way to do this with formula?

Rgds Paula

From: Paula on

Hi Mike

I am not familiar with macros, is there any way to do this with formulas?

Regards
Paula