From: Sasikiran on
Dear,

I am looking for a formula which would give the max value of each city in
column D based on the entry's in column B.

Please help.

Col A Col B Col C Col D
Texas 76 Texas =
Detroit 252 Detroit =
Detroit 29 Tenesse
Texas 443 Mexico
Texas 0 Chicago
Texas 700
Detroit 0
Tenesse 51
Tenesse 70
Texas 673
Tenesse 90
Mexico 21
Chicago 10
From: Mike H on
Hi,

Put this ARRAY formula in d1, array enter it (see below) and drag down

=MAX(IF($A$1:$A$13=C1,$B$1:$B$13))

This is an array formula which must be entered by pressing CTRL+Shift+Enter
and not just Enter. If you do it correctly then Excel will put curly brackets
around the formula {}. You can't type these yourself. If you edit the formula
you must enter it again with CTRL+Shift+Enter.
--
Mike

question.

From: Sasikiran on