From: KKGV on
I've entered a vlookup formula and when I copy it to another cell, sometimes
it copies the formula correctly into the other cells and comes up with the
correct (and different) results but sometimes when I try to copy it, it just
copies the previous result--and ignores the vlookup formula altogether.

If i go to the cell and place the cursor in the "fx" field as if i was going
to correct the formula, but not make any changes, and press "enter" the
result gets corrected. This is a problem if i have a whole range of cells as
i don't want to go into each cell to fix it.
From: Dave Peterson on
It sounds like you have excel in manual calculation mode.

Try
Tools|Options|Calculation tab (in xl2003 menus)
and switch to automatic

--

Dave Peterson
From: Max on
Always post your formula ... & some sample data as well (it could be a data
issue, eg text numbers vs real numbers). Anyway, here's some guesses. Take
the ambiguity out of your steps. Try copy/pasting directly from/into the
formula bar. Always fix the table array in the vlookup with $ signs, eg:
$A$2:$E$100 - so that if/when you propagate the vlookup down the col, it'll
return the correct results. Any worth? hit the YES below.
--
Max
Singapore

From: Max on
What was posted comes in after you check out Dave's hunch. On closer looks it
does sound like a manual calc issue
--
Max
Singapore