From: Glenda on
I want to test to determine if the measurement in cell d1 is within
tolerance. The required dimension is in cell a1 and the positive tolerance
is in cell b1, the negative tolerance in cell c1, Pass/Fail is entered to
cell e1. I would like the formula in cell e1 to be of the order of

if d1 is <a1+b1 and >a1-c1 then put "Pass" in the cell; if not, put "Fail"
in the cell

can't figure out how to make this work in excel

HELP
--
Glenda
From: Mike H on
Hi,

Try this

=IF(AND(D1>=A1-B1,D1<=A1+C1),"Pass","Fail")
--
Mike

question.

From: Lars-�ke Aspelin on
On Fri, 14 May 2010 11:03:01 -0700, Glenda
<Glenda(a)discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>I want to test to determine if the measurement in cell d1 is within
>tolerance. The required dimension is in cell a1 and the positive tolerance
>is in cell b1, the negative tolerance in cell c1, Pass/Fail is entered to
>cell e1. I would like the formula in cell e1 to be of the order of
>
>if d1 is <a1+b1 and >a1-c1 then put "Pass" in the cell; if not, put "Fail"
>in the cell
>
>can't figure out how to make this work in excel
>
>HELP
>--
>Glenda

Try this formula in E1:

=IF(AND(D1<A1+B1,D1>A1-C1),"Pass","Fail")

Hope this helps / Lars-�ke

From: Eduardo on
Hi,