From: Doug AllPool on
Are all the cells formatted for time? I have them all formatted for time
(13:30) and
I get " #VALUE! " in the cell with the formula.

Doug

From: Fred Smith on
1. What happens when you press F9 (recalculate the workbook)? Do you have
Calculation set to automatic? In XL2007, use Excel button>Excel
Options>Formulas>Workbook Calculation>Automatic.
2. Use whatever format you want. Formats change only the appearance of the
cell. Calculations are independent of the format and will be the same
regardless of what format you use.

Regards,
Fred

From: Fred Smith on
If you get a #Value error, it means you don't have a time stored in the
cell. Formats change only the appearance of the cell, they don't change the
underlying data. To get a time, you have to enter it so Excel will recognize
it as a time. It must contain a colon; if you are using am/pm, there must be
a space in between, etc.

What are you actually entering in the cell?

> Are all the cells formatted for time? I have them all formatted for time
> (13:30) and
> I get " #VALUE! " in the cell with the formula.
>
> Doug

Pages: 1
Prev: Formula for adding time
Next: Nita Time formula