From: BeckyB on
I have various items in a spreadsheet. Some of these items are repeated in
various rows, but have a different text description for it. They all have the
same reference number, just a different description. I want to combine all
the descriptions into one cell. I am doing vlookup, but it is only putting in
the first occurance. Is there a way to combine all descriptions into one cell?

From: Pete_UK on
Yes, I like to use COUNTIF to set up a sequential number for each
multiple of the unique reference.

However, your description of your data is a bit vague, so I can't
really recommend a particular formula for you. Can you supply some
details of how your data is laid out and what you want to do with it?

Pete

From: Aziz on
Use the Option Concatenate for three cells to get unique ce name and that
should help

From: BeckyB on
It's like this on another sheet within the same file. I am trying to pull it
from Sheet2 into Sheet1.

Reference # Description
123 Pant Set
123 2pc set
123 Shirt & Pants

I want it to appear in a cell like this: Pant Set 2pc set Shirt & Pants.

It really doesn't matter what order they go in. I just want all of them in
one spot.

From: BeckyB on
Thanks for replying. I did try that, but I am looking up a reference # on
another sheet and want all occurances of that reference number's description
to go into one cell on Sheet1.

"Aziz" wrote:

> Use the Option Concatenate for three cells to get unique ce name and that
> should help
>
> "BeckyB" wrote:
>
> > I have various items in a spreadsheet. Some of these items are repeated in
> > various rows, but have a different text description for it. They all have the
> > same reference number, just a different description. I want to combine all
> > the descriptions into one cell. I am doing vlookup, but it is only putting in
> > the first occurance. Is there a way to combine all descriptions into one cell?

Pages: 1
Prev: Vlookup in Excel 2003
Next: keeping values