From: Debby on
Everytime I enter the number 1 on a spread sheet, can I make it equal a
specific dollar amount? For example: 1 = $22.84
If I am thinking correctly then when I add down the column I might have 10
entries and $228.40
From: Dave Peterson on
That sounds very dangerous to me.

You could enter 22.84 and copy it to the other cells.

Or maybe you could use a different value that will be replaced with that value.

In xl2003 menus, you can use:
Tools|Autocorrect options|Autocorrect tab
and specify a nice string and have it replaced with that 22.84 value.

(You can actually use the 1 character, but man, oh, man, that would scare me!)

I'd use something like:
x1

and I'd delete that entry when I was done.

And be aware that this autocorrect list is shared by all of MSOffice (Excel,
MSWord, PPT, ...).

--

Dave Peterson
From: Otto Moehrbach on
Debby
I'm a bit confused. Do you want 22.84 to appear in any cell into which
you enter a 1? Or do you want the 1 to appear but when added (summed) you
want every 1 to sum as 22.84? You can do the former with VBA and the latter
with a summing formula like =CountIf(A1:A20,"1")*22.84. Post back and
clarify what you want to do. HTH Otto