From: doe321 on
I am sure this is a silly question, but hopefully someone can help me.

I have linked information from one workbook to another workbook.
the formula looks like this:
='X:\Municipal Court\Reports\Web Pymts\[Web Payments 2010.xlsx]Apr'!$L$7

What I am trying to do is to be able to fill in column down and have it
change the last number i.e. L7 to L8 and so on down the line. It is just
tedious to have to go through every cell and change the last number.

Can it be done?

-Holly
From: Jim Thomlinson on
Remove the $ signs from the cell address. They $ signs indicate absolute
referenced.

='X:\Municipal Court\Reports\Web Pymts\[Web Payments 2010.xlsx]Apr'!L7

--
HTH...

Jim Thomlinson

From: doe321 on
OMG! Thank you Jim, that worked like a charm! that will save me tons of time!

-Holly