From: rmdbolton on
I import data from a database as a csv file and then save it as an Excel 2003
workbook. The first column in the spreadsheet contains a long list of four
character entries. I remove the first character of each entry by inserting a
column next to Column A and using the following formula:
=right(A1, LEN(A1)-1)

Usually, I can copy or drag the formula to the following cells in the
inserted column and the formula results are displayed. However, today, when I
copy the formula to the other cells, the results for Column B1 are copied to
all the cells in Column B. When I look at the formula in each of those cells,
the formula has incremented [right(A2, LEN(A2)-1)], but the contents
displayed do not increment until I press the Enter key.

How can I get the formulas to execute without having to click Enter in each
cell?
From: Glenn on
rmdbolton wrote:
> I import data from a database as a csv file and then save it as an Excel 2003
> workbook. The first column in the spreadsheet contains a long list of four
> character entries. I remove the first character of each entry by inserting a
> column next to Column A and using the following formula:
> =right(A1, LEN(A1)-1)
>
> Usually, I can copy or drag the formula to the following cells in the
> inserted column and the formula results are displayed. However, today, when I
> copy the formula to the other cells, the results for Column B1 are copied to
> all the cells in Column B. When I look at the formula in each of those cells,
> the formula has incremented [right(A2, LEN(A2)-1)], but the contents
> displayed do not increment until I press the Enter key.
>
> How can I get the formulas to execute without having to click Enter in each
> cell?

Set Calculation to Automatic.