From: Allamarein on
Where can I download I compiler for Fortran 77/90/95 (like Force 2.0
for Fortran 77) ?
I tried Silverfrost PLATO, but it incloses a nasty banner to my
executable files.
From: e p chandler on
On May 10, 3:57 pm, Allamarein <matteo.diplom...(a)gmail.com> wrote:
> Where can I download I compiler for Fortran 77/90/95 (like Force 2.0
> for Fortran 77) ?
> I tried Silverfrost PLATO, but it incloses a nasty banner to my
> executable files.

Yes, Silverfrost's free version puts up a nag screen.

As I mentioned in a different thread, in reply to a similar question

See www.lepsch.com/2009/05/downloads.html

for G77, G95 and Gfortran versions of Force.

/* at work, so I'm posting via google */

From: Allamarein on
On 10 Mag, 22:13, e p chandler <e...(a)juno.com> wrote:
> On May 10, 3:57 pm, Allamarein <matteo.diplom...(a)gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > Where can I download I compiler for Fortran 77/90/95 (like Force 2.0
> > for Fortran 77) ?
> > I tried Silverfrost PLATO, but it incloses a nasty banner to my
> > executable files.
>
> Yes, Silverfrost's free version puts up a nag screen.
>
> As I mentioned in a different thread, in reply to a similar question
>
> Seewww.lepsch.com/2009/05/downloads.html
>
> for G77, G95 and Gfortran versions of Force.
>
> /* at work, so I'm posting via google */

I should download each compiler for each different Fortran version...
Anyway I can compile project, as in Plato, with Force?
Others compiler freeware?
From: e p chandler on
On May 10, 4:20 pm, Allamarein <matteo.diplom...(a)gmail.com> wrote:
> On 10 Mag, 22:13, e p chandler <e...(a)juno.com> wrote:
>

> > On May 10, 3:57 pm, Allamarein <matteo.diplom...(a)gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > > Where can I download I compiler for Fortran 77/90/95 (like Force 2.0
> > > for Fortran 77) ?
> > > I tried Silverfrost PLATO, but it incloses a nasty banner to my
> > > executable files.
>
> > Yes, Silverfrost's free version puts up a nag screen.
>
> > As I mentioned in a different thread, in reply to a similar question
>
> > Seewww.lepsch.com/2009/05/downloads.html
>
> > for G77, G95 and Gfortran versions of Force.
>
> > /* at work, so I'm posting via google */
>
> I should download each compiler for each different Fortran version...

No just choose one of them. Each package installs Force plus it's own
compiler. I happen to like G95.

> Anyway I can compile project, as in Plato, with Force?

I don't use Force, but I've installed it and it works. It allows
editing as well as compiling and executing programs from within the
editor.

> Others compiler freeware?

If you don't want to use a built in editor, then

I recommend the prepackaged distributions of G95 and Gfortran
(MinGW32). You only need to download and run one .EXE file and select
the installation directory.

It's best to avoid installing to a directory with spaces in the path
name.

for G95 see www.g95.org

go to downloads, binaries and select the self-extracting Windows X86.

for gfortran see www.equation.com

go to programming tools, Fortran,C and C++. I usually pick the weekly
32 bit snapshot.

There are other free compilers. Open Watcom is one of them. It's a
fine package but it is limited to Fortran 77 plus its own flavor of
extensions.

HTH

---- elliot

From: Uno on
Allamarein wrote:
> On 10 Mag, 22:13, e p chandler <e...(a)juno.com> wrote:
>> On May 10, 3:57 pm, Allamarein <matteo.diplom...(a)gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>>> Where can I download I compiler for Fortran 77/90/95 (like Force 2.0
>>> for Fortran 77) ?
>>> I tried Silverfrost PLATO, but it incloses a nasty banner to my
>>> executable files.
>> Yes, Silverfrost's free version puts up a nag screen.
>>
>> As I mentioned in a different thread, in reply to a similar question
>>
>> Seewww.lepsch.com/2009/05/downloads.html
>>
>> for G77, G95 and Gfortran versions of Force.
>>
>> /* at work, so I'm posting via google */
>
> I should download each compiler for each different Fortran version...
> Anyway I can compile project, as in Plato, with Force?
> Others compiler freeware?

I don't think anybody's home at the salford/silverfrost store anymore.
It does have a nice visual debugger, tho.

Gfortran is probably your best bet.
--
Uno