From: Allamarein on
I'm a newbie in Fortran 77. It's possible to find a manual with built-
in statements and that show this language, without digressing too
much?
From: jfh on
On May 7, 8:46 am, Allamarein <matteo.diplom...(a)gmail.com> wrote:
> I'm a newbie in Fortran 77. It's possible to find a manual with built-
> in statements and that show this language, without digressing too
> much?

The best book I know on that is "Effective Fortran 77" by Michael
Metcalf, Oxford 1990, but it has long been out of print because that
Fortran dialect has been out of date for 20 years, so you may well
find it only in libraries and on the shelves of oldies. But why is a
newbie doing f77 anyway instead of f95 or f2003?

-- John Harper
From: Allamarein on
On 7 Mag, 00:12, jfh <john.har...(a)vuw.ac.nz> wrote:
> On May 7, 8:46 am, Allamarein <matteo.diplom...(a)gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > I'm a newbie in Fortran 77. It's possible to find a manual with built-
> > in statements and that show this language, without digressing too
> > much?
>
> The best book I know on that is "Effective Fortran 77" by Michael
> Metcalf, Oxford 1990, but it has long been out of print because that
> Fortran dialect has been out of date for 20 years, so you may well
> find it only in libraries and on the shelves of oldies. But why is a
> newbie doing f77 anyway instead of f95 or f2003?
>
> -- John Harper

I don't know.
I saw many people using Fortran 77 yet. Anyway...If I would f2003,
where can I found a free software (like Force for Fortran 77) and
documentation?
From: David Duffy on
Allamarein <matteo.diplomacy(a)gmail.com> wrote:
> I'm a newbie in Fortran 77. It's possible to find a manual with built-
> in statements and that show this language, without digressing too
> much?

Clive Page has made his textbook available at:
http://www.star.le.ac.uk/~cgp/fortran.html
But, as another has pointed out, you might be better going straight to
a modern Fortran.

From: Allamarein on
On 7 Mag, 00:23, David Duffy <dav...(a)orpheus.qimr.edu.au> wrote:
> Allamarein <matteo.diplom...(a)gmail.com> wrote:
> > I'm a newbie in Fortran 77. It's possible to find a manual with built-
> > in statements and that show this language, without digressing too
> > much?
>
> Clive Page has made his textbook available at:http://www.star.le.ac.uk/~cgp/fortran.html
> But, as another has pointed out, you might be better going straight to
> a modern Fortran.
>
> --
> | David Duffy (MBBS PhD)                                         ,-_|\
> | email: dav...(a)qimr.edu.au  ph: INT+61+7+3362-0217 fax: -0101  /     *
> | Epidemiology Unit, Queensland Institute of Medical Research   \_,-._/
> | 300 Herston Rd, Brisbane, Queensland 4029, Australia  GPG 4D0B994A v

Ok...which version do you suggest? Where can I download relative
documentation?
Where can I download a free compiler for Vista with GUI (e.g. Force
2.0 for Fortran 77)?
Let's say I need a start-pack.
 |  Next  |  Last
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10