From: Arjen Markus on
Hello,

a few years ago I developed a Fortran interface for the SQLite
database management system.
(http://flibs.sf.net). This week I used that interface as a basis for
interfacing with open database
connectivity system (ODBC). While it is not quite finished yet,
notable aspects that need
attention are: error handling, proper documentation and such, it is
capable of the first few tasks
I have intended for it.

Should you want to have a look, it is available in the flibs project
via the CVS repository.

I have only tested it with the combination MSVC 6.0/CVF 6.6, but I
intend to make
it work properly for other compiler/OS combinations too.

Regards,

Arjen
From: baf on
On 1/13/2010 4:08 AM, Arjen Markus wrote:
> Hello,
>
> a few years ago I developed a Fortran interface for the SQLite
> database management system.
> (http://flibs.sf.net). This week I used that interface as a basis for
> interfacing with open database
> connectivity system (ODBC). While it is not quite finished yet,
> notable aspects that need
> attention are: error handling, proper documentation and such, it is
> capable of the first few tasks
> I have intended for it.
>
> Should you want to have a look, it is available in the flibs project
> via the CVS repository.
>
> I have only tested it with the combination MSVC 6.0/CVF 6.6, but I
> intend to make
> it work properly for other compiler/OS combinations too.
>
> Regards,
>
> Arjen

WOW! Exactly what I have needed MANY times. I have used a modified
version of your SQLite interface a few times. Very handy. I appreciate
your efforts, and look forward to seeing further announcements as you
complete this effort.

From: Arjen Markus on
On 13 jan, 21:12, baf <b...(a)nowhere.com> wrote:
> On 1/13/2010 4:08 AM, Arjen Markus wrote:
>

> > Hello,
>
> > a few years ago I developed a Fortran interface for the SQLite
> > database management system.
> > (http://flibs.sf.net). This week I used that interface as a basis for
> > interfacing with open database
> > connectivity system (ODBC). While it is not quite finished yet,
> > notable aspects that need
> > attention are: error handling, proper documentation and such, it is
> > capable of the first few tasks
> > I have intended for it.
>
> > Should you want to have a look, it is available in the flibs project
> > via the CVS repository.
>
> > I have only tested it with the combination MSVC 6.0/CVF 6.6, but I
> > intend to make
> > it work properly for other compiler/OS combinations too.
>
> > Regards,
>
> > Arjen
>
> WOW!  Exactly what I have needed MANY times.  I have used a modified
> version of your SQLite interface a few times.  Very handy.  I appreciate
> your efforts, and look forward to seeing further announcements as you
> complete this effort.- Tekst uit oorspronkelijk bericht niet weergeven -

Thanks, I want to keep the interfacing as much the same as possible,
as
it makes life easier for everybody, especially me :). I am not quite
sure that I can though, we will have to see.

Regards,

Arjen
From: aerogeek on
On Jan 14, 12:29 pm, Arjen Markus <arjen.markus...(a)gmail.com> wrote:
> On 13 jan, 21:12, baf <b...(a)nowhere.com> wrote:
>

> > On 1/13/2010 4:08 AM, Arjen Markus wrote:
>
> > > Hello,
>
> > > a few years ago I developed a Fortran interface for the SQLite
> > > database management system.
> > > (http://flibs.sf.net). This week I used that interface as a basis for
> > > interfacing with open database
> > > connectivity system (ODBC). While it is not quite finished yet,
> > > notable aspects that need
> > > attention are: error handling, proper documentation and such, it is
> > > capable of the first few tasks
> > > I have intended for it.
>
> > > Should you want to have a look, it is available in the flibs project
> > > via the CVS repository.
>
> > > I have only tested it with the combination MSVC 6.0/CVF 6.6, but I
> > > intend to make
> > > it work properly for other compiler/OS combinations too.
>
> > > Regards,
>
> > > Arjen
>
> > WOW!  Exactly what I have needed MANY times.  I have used a modified
> > version of your SQLite interface a few times.  Very handy.  I appreciate
> > your efforts, and look forward to seeing further announcements as you
> > complete this effort.- Tekst uit oorspronkelijk bericht niet weergeven -
>
> > - Tekst uit oorspronkelijk bericht weergeven -
>
> Thanks, I want to keep the interfacing as much the same as possible,
> as
> it makes life easier for everybody, especially me :). I am not quite
> sure that I can though, we will have to see.
>
> Regards,
>
> Arjen- Hide quoted text -

Great effort Arjen!!! If needed i am willing to help out some of the
ToDo's of your code..
From: Arjen Markus on
On 15 jan, 05:00, aerogeek <sukhbinder.si...(a)gmail.com> wrote:
> On Jan 14, 12:29 pm, Arjen Markus <arjen.markus...(a)gmail.com> wrote:

> > > WOW!  Exactly what I have needed MANY times.  I have used a modified
> > > version of your SQLite interface a few times.  Very handy.  I appreciate
> > > your efforts, and look forward to seeing further announcements as you
> > > complete this effort.- Tekst uit oorspronkelijk bericht niet weergeven -
>
> > > - Tekst uit oorspronkelijk bericht weergeven -
>
> > Thanks, I want to keep the interfacing as much the same as possible,
> > as
> > it makes life easier for everybody, especially me :). I am not quite
> > sure that I can though, we will have to see.
>
> > Regards,
>
> > Arjen- Hide quoted text -

> Great effort Arjen!!! If needed i am willing to help out some of the
> ToDo's of your code..- Tekst uit oorspronkelijk bericht niet weergeven -

I will glady accept that offer:

I found a site which documents the various functions quite well, so
that
problem has been solved. You could help out with testing the
functionality:
I know there are differences in the various drivers and supporting the
more
important ones smoothly is high on my list.

BTW, I will be putting up a new version today - this implements the
routine
odbc_query_table, to retrieve the names and types of columns in a
table.

Regards,

Arjen
 |  Next  |  Last