From: congratulations on
Dear all

I am using a model which compiles with Fortran

I received an error as seen in the following, what could be the reason
for this error

" input conversion error, unit 9001, file C:\MLNSWT\Scenarios
\Sim1\Txtinout\sensitivity\obsdata.dat "

error seems to be regarding unit 9001 of the observation file.

do you know what is unit 9001? is that digit number?

or a code given for specific error type or else?

Thank you earlier advance

Best

Ernur
From: Arjen Markus on
On 13 jan, 12:45, congratulations <ernuraki...(a)gmail.com> wrote:
> Dear all
>
> I am using a model which compiles with Fortran
>
> I received an error as seen in the following, what could be the reason
> for this error
>
> " input conversion error, unit 9001, file C:\MLNSWT\Scenarios
> \Sim1\Txtinout\sensitivity\obsdata.dat "
>
> error seems to be regarding unit 9001 of the observation file.
>
> do you know what is unit 9001? is that digit number?
>
> or a code given for specific error type or else?
>
> Thank you earlier advance
>
> Best
>
> Ernur

The unit number is the number by which you can refer to the opened
file. Apparently the file does not conform to the format that is
expected by your program for such files.

You also sent the observations file, but without the source code
that actually reads the file, we can only guess at what is wrong.

I will have a look at it, maybe there is something obviously
wrong, but if not, you will need to give us more information.

Regards,

Arjen
From: glen herrmannsfeldt on
congratulations <ernurakiner(a)gmail.com> wrote:

> I am using a model which compiles with Fortran

> I received an error as seen in the following, what could be the reason
> for this error

> " input conversion error, unit 9001, file C:\MLNSWT\Scenarios
> \Sim1\Txtinout\sensitivity\obsdata.dat "

Conversion error usually means that there was something
non-numeric in input that was supposed to be a number.

I believe you get that for an integer input if it has a
decimal point. I didn't see anything other than digits
and decimal points in your file, but maybe you didn't supply
the whole file.

-- glen