From: glen herrmannsfeldt on
ben_nielsen20(a)yahoo.com wrote:

> I downloaded DQAGI.f and saved it in the same folder as my 3omega.f
> program. Where will my program look for the DQAGI program?

> I also noticed my program has this statement:
> call dqagi(fr,bound,inf,epsabs,epsrel,result,
> * abserr,neval,ier,limit,lenw,last,iwork,work)

For fixed form the C of CALL should be in column 7 or greater,
and the * of the continuation in column 6.

> Whereas, in the DQAGI program it reads:
> SUBROUTINE DQAGI(F,BOUND,INF,EPSABS,EPSREL,RESULT,ABSERR,NEVAL,
> 1 IER,LIMIT,LENW,LAST,IWORK,WORK)

> It has an "f" instead of an "fr". Could this be the problem?

It would be very unusual for 13 out of 14 to have the same name.
No, the names don't matter. The types must agree, though.

-- glen

From: ben_nielsen20 on
Can subroutines be run by themselves?

This comes up with the same "No such file or directory" response in
the compiler.
gfortran DQAGI.f 3omega.f -o 3omega.exe

From: e p chandler on
On Apr 20, 12:23 pm, ben_nielse...(a)yahoo.com wrote:
> I downloaded DQAGI.f and saved it in the same folder as my 3omega.f
> program. Where will my program look for the DQAGI program?
>
> I also noticed my program has this statement:
> call dqagi(fr,bound,inf,epsabs,epsrel,result,
> * abserr,neval,ier,limit,lenw,last,iwork,work)
>
> Whereas, in the DQAGI program it reads:
> SUBROUTINE DQAGI(F,BOUND,INF,EPSABS,EPSREL,RESULT,ABSERR,NEVAL,
> 1 IER,LIMIT,LENW,LAST,IWORK,WORK)
>
> It has an "f" instead of an "fr". Could this be the problem?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Ben

As long as the types, kinds (and sizes) of the arguments match, what
they are named does not matter. I briefly look at the source for this
subroutine and it looks like fixed format Fortran with implicit
typing. So unless otherwise specified, the types of F and FR would be
default real. I'm also guessing that F or FR is the name of a
function, but that does not matter here.

The arguments named in the body of a subroutine are DUMMY arguments.
They get replaced with the ACTUAL arguments as used in the calling
program. So if you have a real variable foo and a

SUBROUTINE FUBAR(BAR)
END

and you

CALL FUBAR(FOO)

then FUBAR acts upon FOO, as it would with BAR.

------ Aside -----

I'm not sure how to gather all the subroutines needed for your program
as DQAG requires a number of OTHER routines.

But once you do, you can add their names to the command line. If you
put them all in the same directory then you might be able to compile
with

gfortran *.f -o my_program.exe

-- elliot

From: e p chandler on
On Apr 20, 2:21 pm, ben_nielse...(a)yahoo.com wrote:
> Can subroutines be run by themselves?
>
> This comes up with the same "No such file or directory" response in
> the compiler.
> gfortran DQAGI.f 3omega.f -o 3omega.exe

It might help if you show us what appears when you issue the command

dir *.f

(If you are in a fullscreen session, switch to a command prompt
(console) window with alt-enter. Then click the icon at upper left and
select edit then mark. Click and drag the mouse to hilight part of the
screen. Press ENTER to copy. Now open up some other application like
NOTEPAD and EDIT then PASTE. You now have an instant text screen shot
suitable for including in a newsgroup posting.

This is a real easy way to show your files, commands typed and a
limited amount of output from a program without having to type it into
your newsreader or web application.

--- elliot

From: Beliavsky on
On Apr 20, 2:52 pm, e p chandler <e...(a)juno.com> wrote:
> On Apr 20, 2:21 pm, ben_nielse...(a)yahoo.com wrote:
>
> > Can subroutines be run by themselves?
>
> > This comes up with the same "No such file or directory" response in
> > the compiler.
> > gfortran DQAGI.f 3omega.f -o 3omega.exe
>
> It might help if you show us what appears when you issue the command
>
> dir *.f
>
> (If you are in a fullscreen session, switch to a command prompt
> (console) window with alt-enter. Then click the icon at upper left and
> select edit then mark. Click and drag the mouse to hilight part of the
> screen. Press ENTER to copy. Now open up some other application like
> NOTEPAD and EDIT then PASTE. You now have an instant text screen shot
> suitable for including in a newsgroup posting.

The OP should just type

dir *.f > temp.txt

He can open temp.txt and paste its contents wherever. It works on
Unix, too, and also for command line programs that he creates. Hope
this does not sound abrupt. Happy Friday.

> This is a real easy way to show your files, commands typed and a
> limited amount of output from a program without having to type it into
> your newsreader or web application.
>
> --- elliot

First  |  Prev  |  Next  |  Last
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7