From: James on
On Dec 14, 9:22 pm, James <jamo1...(a)gmail.com> wrote:
> On Dec 14, 6:35 pm, philo <ph...(a)privacy.invalid> wrote:
>

> > James wrote:

> > > I tried letting  and it still appears on the screen at startup, so
> > > what am I to do now-I haven't downloaded any new hardware lately.
>
> > Assuming all your hardware is working
>
> > have a look in device manager and see if *any* device has a yellow
> > exclamation mark...
> > then opt to disable it.
>
> > I've occasionally had "phantom" devices such as audio components give
> > the problem you've described.
> > In some cases once the phantom device was disabled...
> > it disappeared entirely after the next boot- Hide quoted text -

> I'll try that, philo, I ran Malwarebytes and AVG and when I restarted
> it appeared again.
>
> James- Hide quoted text -

I looked at the Device Manager and there was a yellow question mark in
front of "Other Devices", one in front of "Base System Device"-and
"Network Controller"-with what looks like a black exclamation mark in
the center of the last two I named. Could that be my problem?

James
From: philo on
James wrote:
> On Dec 14, 9:22 pm, James <jamo1...(a)gmail.com> wrote:

<snipped for brevity>
to disable it.
>>> I've occasionally had "phantom" devices such as audio components give
>>> the problem you've described.
>>> In some cases once the phantom device was disabled...
>>> it disappeared entirely after the next boot- Hide quoted text -
>>
>> I'll try that, philo, I ran Malwarebytes and AVG and when I restarted
>> it appeared again.
>>
>> James- Hide quoted text -

> I looked at the Device Manager and there was a yellow question mark in
> front of "Other Devices", one in front of "Base System Device"-and
> "Network Controller"-with what looks like a black exclamation mark in
> the center of the last two I named. Could that be my problem?
>
> James

Very possible

first off, if your machine is working ok
then those devices are apparently not needed for however your machine is
being used.

try disabling those devices with the yellow exclamation mark

then reboot

From: James on
On Dec 15, 7:49 am, philo <ph...(a)privacy.invalid> wrote:
> James wrote:

> <snipped for brevity>
> to disable it.

> >> I'll try that, philo, I ran Malwarebytes and AVG and when I restarted
> >> it appeared again.
>
> >> James- Hide quoted text -

> > I looked at the Device Manager and there was a yellow question mark in
> > front of "Other Devices", one in front of "Base System Device"-and
> > "Network Controller"-with what looks like a black exclamation mark in
> > the center of the last two I named. Could that be my problem?
>
> > James
>
> Very possible
>
> first off, if your machine is working ok
> then those devices are apparently not needed for however your machine is
> being used.
>
> try disabling those devices with the yellow exclamation mark
>
> then reboot- Hide quoted text -

I did as you said and the "Found New Hardware Wizard" didn't appear on
reboot-thank you philo!

James
From: philo on
James wrote:
> On Dec 15, 7:49 am, philo <ph...(a)privacy.invalid> wrote:
>> James wrote:
>> <snipped for brevity>
>> to disable it.

>>> I looked at the Device Manager and there was a yellow question mark in
>>> front of "Other Devices", one in front of "Base System Device"-and
>>> "Network Controller"-with what looks like a black exclamation mark in
>>> the center of the last two I named. Could that be my problem?
>>> James
>> Very possible
>>
>> first off, if your machine is working ok
>> then those devices are apparently not needed for however your machine is
>> being used.
>>
>> try disabling those devices with the yellow exclamation mark
>>
>> then reboot- Hide quoted text -

> I did as you said and the "Found New Hardware Wizard" didn't appear on
> reboot-thank you philo!
>
> James

Glad I finally came up with an idea that worked

LOL

First  |  Prev  |
Pages: 1 2
Prev: undo program removal