From: james on
I hate to be disagreeable but I don't think PSP has gotten all that
bad. I dislike the fact that Corel is trying to market away from a
great graphics program but I guess they have their reasons. The core
functionality that got me hooked on PSP in the first place is still
there, and in some places even better.

I have PSPX3, BTW.
From: Trev on

<james(a)ebigman.com> wrote in message
> I hate to be disagreeable but I don't think PSP has gotten all that
> bad. I dislike the fact that Corel is trying to market away from a
> great graphics program but I guess they have their reasons. The core
> functionality that got me hooked on PSP in the first place is still
> there, and in some places even better.
>
> I have PSPX3, BTW.

Which goes to show it was so good e versions ago .
Now How much better would it be under Jasc ?

From: treker on
On Tue, 3 Aug 2010 17:17:50 +0100, "Trev" <trevbowden(a)dsl.pipex.com>
wrote:

><james(a)ebigman.com> wrote in message
>> I hate to be disagreeable but I don't think PSP has gotten all that
>> bad. I dislike the fact that Corel is trying to market away from a
>> great graphics program but I guess they have their reasons. The core
>> functionality that got me hooked on PSP in the first place is still
>> there, and in some places even better.
>>
>> I have PSPX3, BTW.
>
>Which goes to show it was so good e versions ago .
>Now How much better would it be under Jasc ?

I believe Jasc has taken their version to its nth degree and had
nothing else to add that could improve it. My understanding is that
Jasc's version was the closest to Adobe's premiere apps that any
program could get and was priced for the average user to add to their
arsenal of graphics editors. It had three apps: PSP for images,
Animation Shop for videos, and an app for creating canvases and frames
for the images. The first two were sufficient to cover most editing
and saving and could even be used to upload final products to the net
for sharing with other users. Corel was the scapegoat in this duo
because their apps could not compete with either one. They thought
that by buying Jasc, they could incorporate its code into their apps
and take over the #2 spot held by Jasc. Instead, they removed Jasc
code and ruined the first attempt (PSP X) and others that followed.
There is still enough there that can pass for the original, but the
thrill is gone. Long live Jasc! I still use vers 9.01.
From: Trev on

"treker" <treker1028(a)hotmail.com> wrote in message
> On Tue, 3 Aug 2010 17:17:50 +0100, "Trev" <trevbowden(a)dsl.pipex.com>
> wrote:
>

>><james(a)ebigman.com> wrote in message
>>> I hate to be disagreeable but I don't think PSP has gotten all that
>>> bad. I dislike the fact that Corel is trying to market away from a
>>> great graphics program but I guess they have their reasons. The core
>>> functionality that got me hooked on PSP in the first place is still
>>> there, and in some places even better.
>>>
>>> I have PSPX3, BTW.
>>
>>Which goes to show it was so good e versions ago .
>>Now How much better would it be under Jasc ?
>
> I believe Jasc has taken their version to its nth degree and had
> nothing else to add that could improve it. My understanding is that
> Jasc's version was the closest to Adobe's premiere apps that any
> program could get and was priced for the average user to add to their
> arsenal of graphics editors. It had three apps: PSP for images,
> Animation Shop for videos, and an app for creating canvases and frames
> for the images. The first two were sufficient to cover most editing
> and saving and could even be used to upload final products to the net
> for sharing with other users. Corel was the scapegoat in this duo
> because their apps could not compete with either one. They thought
> that by buying Jasc, they could incorporate its code into their apps
> and take over the #2 spot held by Jasc. Instead, they removed Jasc
> code and ruined the first attempt (PSP X) and others that followed.
> There is still enough there that can pass for the original, but the
> thrill is gone. Long live Jasc! I still use vers 9.01.

Now you missed out Art Media The poor mans Painter. PSP 9 was more advanced
photo editing wise then Photoshop 7 with its digital noise reducers and
chromatic remover and it took till CS 2 to get ahead in that department.

From: Access Developer on
"Daryl Robbins" <darylrobbins(a)drobbins.org> wrote

> Here it is, a whole four years later, and still
> only a few of you are starting to wake up.

Explain to me just how you know how many of "us" are "waking up", please. I
don't see comp.graphics.apps.paint-ship-pro.psychics,
corel.general.software.psychics, nor corel.paintshipprophotox2.psychics in
your list of crossposted newsgroups.

Maybe you ought to watch Bill O'Reilly and follow his advice about not
"bloviating" when you post if you want to be taken seriously. In simple
terms, Daryl, you are full of hot air. Gee, I blocked "uni" to avoid your
type of rant, but, of course, if you wish to continue making a fool of
yourself in public, you are entitled to do so.

PSP 9 runs just as well for me now as it did when it was produced by Jasc.
I looked at later editions, but didn't want to invest the time and energy to
learn new interface features, or deal with changes that I didn't need.

--
Larry Linson, Microsoft Office Access MVP
Co-author: "Microsoft Access Small Business Solutions", published by Wiley

Pages: 1
Prev: Re-size Toolbar Icons?