From: Buffalo on

Buffalo wrote:
> FredW wrote:
>> On Thu, 25 Mar 2010 08:40:06 -0600, "Buffalo" <Eric(a)nada.com.invalid>
>> wrote:
>>
>>> I tried upgrading from the free version 9 to the new 10 version and
>>> received a message stating that "Entry Point not Found" in the title
>>> and that message body started out with "Procedure Entry
>>> Point?_Xbad(a)trl.................." goes on quite a bit.
>>> I am using Win2000Pro SP4 and updated on the MS site.
>>> Anyone else having problems installing the new 10 free version?
>>> I even tried uninstalling and installing in Safe Mode. Same problem
>>> when the reboot is finished.
>>> Buffalo
>>
>> After uninstalling Avira 9, I used the registry cleaner of Avira:
>> http://www.avira.com/en/support/kbdetails.php?id=135
>> (see 1. preliminary steps)
>>
>> After that I could install version 10 without problems.
>>
>> My first uninstall 9 / install 10 failed, so I tried the registry
>> cleaner of Avira and thereafter version 10 installed correctly.
>
> I also tried the Registry Cleaner from Avira in Normal Mode and
> deleted all it found and then rebooted and tried to install 10 again.
> Same error.
> I will try the Avira Forum as I am still registered there.
> I will review your link and see if I missed anything.
> If anyone has another suggestion, please reply.
> Thanks,
> Buffalo
>
> PS:Actual msg
>
> Avcenter.exe - Entry Point Not Found
>
> The procedure entry
> point?_Xbad(a)tr1@std@@YAX4error_type(a)regex_constants@12@@Z could not be
> located in the dynamic link library MSVCP90.dll

Problem solved:
Well, the Avira forum moderator told me to:

Please install Microsoft Visual C++ 2008 SP1 Redistributable Package
hXXp://www.microsoft.com/downloads/detai.0d-3802b2af5fc2

I did that and it repaired the C++ Redistributable x86 9.0.30729.17 that was
already installed and now the free Avira 10 installed and works just fine.
Just thought I would let others know in case they have a similar problem.
To install ver 10, I just started the setup program and used the middle
choice which was for an update to product and it worked without a hitch (no,
I did not even have to uninstall the ver 9 first).
Buffalo

From: Char Jackson on
On Fri, 26 Mar 2010 10:04:10 -0600, "Buffalo" <Eric(a)nada.com.invalid>
wrote:

>To install ver 10, I just started the setup program and used the middle
>choice which was for an update to product and it worked without a hitch (no,
>I did not even have to uninstall the ver 9 first).
>Buffalo

This is exactly how it worked for me, as well.