From: Limpio on
Does anyone know of a free MDI viewer that works? I've searched google and
found two different programs that claim to open .MDI files but I can't get
them to work (CoolCap & MDI Image Viewer). I get these files often so does
anyone know of a solution?

From: ANONYMOUS on

To view MDI files you will need Office 2003. Office 2003 comes with
what is called MS Office Document Image Writer. This package enables
you to create .mdi files, print them and/or view them very similar to
Adobe Acrobat (full package) except that MS gives you for free!

I would not download any bogus viewers as they could be infested with
spywares.

hth

From: "Not anonymous" <Not on
So now you have to buy Office 2003 to read MDI files! Thank Microsoft! I can
just put on the bin my office xp!
Adobe give a PDF viewer free!

From: Bob I on
So, either ask sender for the finished document instead of a scanned
image OR request tiff format.

From: ANONYMOUS on

Not necessarily. Just talk to the sender not to send you a MDI format
file. Just for inerest sake, MDI format is an added extra for pc users.
you don't have to use that format if you don't have the means to read
them.

If you really want to do serious computing then you can't continue
using a 5 year old package (office 2000) and yet expect to have state
of the art technology to work with it! Are you joking! This is not
the place for such jokes.

hth

Not anonymous wrote:

> So now you have to buy Office 2003 to read MDI files! Thank Microsoft! I can
> just put on the bin my office xp!
> Adobe give a PDF viewer free!
>
> "ANONYMOUS" wrote:
>

> > To view MDI files you will need Office 2003. Office 2003 comes with
> > what is called MS Office Document Image Writer. This package enables
> > you to create .mdi files, print them and/or view them very similar to
> > Adobe Acrobat (full package) except that MS gives you for free!
> >
> > I would not download any bogus viewers as they could be infested with
> > spywares.
> >
> > hth
> >

> > Limpio wrote:
> > >
> > > Does anyone know of a free MDI viewer that works? I've searched google and
> > > found two different programs that claim to open .MDI files but I can't get
> > > them to work (CoolCap & MDI Image Viewer). I get these files often so does
> > > anyone know of a solution?

Pages: 1
Prev: cplexe
Next: Office 2003 install error