From: Kevin on
http://support.microsoft.com/oas/default.aspx?ln=en-us&prid=11273&gprid=522131

MowGreen wrote:

Clean boot XP and then install SP3:How to configure Windows XP to start in a
19-Oct-09

Clean boot XP and then install SP3:

How to configure Windows XP to start in a "clean boot" state
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/310353

If it appears to be too difficult, use Method 1: Guided Help.

Otherwise, do Method 2.
After SP3 installs and restarts the system, then manually undo the clean
boot steps as described in 'Steps to configure Windows to use a Normal
startup state', and restart the system to normal Windows mode.

MowGreen
===============
*-343-* FDNY
Never Forgotten
===============

banthecheck.com
"Security updates should *never* have *non-security content* prechecked"

On Tuesday, May 06, 2008 4:12 PM
Jereme wrote:

XP Service Pack 3 Error while installing
Hello,
I receive an error stating I do not have enough drive space available on
c:\windows\$NTServicePackUninstall..$ and that it needs 4 Meg of space. I do
not see this folder when browsing (with view hidden and system files) and I
have over a 100Gig of drive space available. This is a fresh install on boot
camp. I have been successful installing on a Mac with Parallels.
Thanks,
Jeremey

On Tuesday, May 06, 2008 5:42 PM
Kumara wrote:

RE: XP Service Pack 3 Error while installing
Try this

http://www.windowsreference.com/general/error-there-is-not-enough-disk-space-when-installing-sp3/

"Jeremey" wrote:

On Tuesday, May 06, 2008 8:56 PM
PA Bear [MS MVP] wrote:

Re: XP Service Pack 3 Error while installing
Review posts in this thread:
http://groups.google.com/group/microsoft.public.windowsxp.general/browse_frm/thread/5b1c1019d962f716
============================
The hard disk space requirements for WinXP SP3
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/947311

How to troubleshoot an unsuccessful installation of WinXP SP3
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/950718
--
~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)
AumHa VSOP & Admin http://aumha.net

Jeremey wrote:

On Tuesday, May 06, 2008 10:27 PM
oakscrt wrote:

Re: XP Service Pack 3 Error while installing
I have tried twice with different results this was the last Error Code:
0x8007F0CC

"PA Bear [MS MVP]" wrote:

On Tuesday, May 06, 2008 10:50 PM
PA Bear [MS MVP] wrote:

Free unlimited installation and compatibility support is available for Windows
e-mail support is available only in the United States and Canada.

??? US:
http://support.microsoft.com/oas/default.aspx?ln=en-us&prid=11273&gprid=522131

??? CA:
http://support.microsoft.com/oas/default.aspx?ln=en-ca&prid=11273&gprid=522131

??? UK:
http://support.microsoft.com/oas/default.aspx?ln=en-uk&prid=11273&gprid=522131

??? AU:
http://support.microsoft.com/oas/default.aspx?ln=en-au&prid=11273&gprid=522131

??? Other: http://support.microsoft.com/oas/default.aspx?gprid=1173 | select
Windows XP | select Windows XP Service Pack 3
--
~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)
AumHa VSOP & Admin http://aumha.net
DTS-L http://dts-l.net/

oakscrty wrote:

On Tuesday, May 06, 2008 10:54 PM
oakscrt wrote:

Went on my grandsons Dell with no problem but on my 4th attempt on my box and
Went on my grandsons Dell with no problem but on my 4th attempt on my box and
I am giving up for the night, anyone finds a solution let us know.
JSW

"oakscrty" wrote:

On Tuesday, May 06, 2008 11:27 PM
TaurAria wrote:

0x8007f0cc - STATUS_KERNEL_NONSTDThe core system file (kernel) used to start
0x8007f0cc - STATUS_KERNEL_NONSTD
The core system file (kernel) used to start this computer is not a Microsoft
Windows file.
The Service Pack will not be installed.
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/327101
Error message: Windows has detected that one or more protected core system
files (kernel)
on your computer have been modified

or

Error Code:8007F0CC happens if you have changed your "boot.ini" file.

Have you created a custom boot screen, or have you used software such as
Style XP to alter
your boot screen?

If you are using Style XP upgrade to the latest version. If you altered the
"boot.ini"
file yourself and made a custom boot screen, just replace "boot.ini" with
the backup you
made before editing it.

HOW TO: Edit the Boot.ini File in Windows XP
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/289022

"oakscrty" wrote:

On Wednesday, May 07, 2008 1:52 AM
Ottmar Freudenberger wrote:

Re: XP Service Pack 3 Error while installing
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/950717/en-us ->
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/327101/

Bye,
Freudi

On Thursday, May 29, 2008 1:04 AM
Chris Fr wrote:

STANDARD REGISTRY DISCLAIMERThis post contains information on how to edit and
STANDARD REGISTRY DISCLAIMER
This post contains information on how to edit and modify your Windows
Registry. Backup your Registry before trying this because any improper
editing can cause strange behaviour and at worst could even corrupt your
operating system completely, requiring you to re-install Windows.
----------

I had a similar issue. This post helped me fix it:
http://www.windowsreference.com/general/error-there-is-not-enough-disk-space-when-installing-sp3/

The solution involves creating a string registry key in:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Setup

Call the key "BootDir" and give it the value "C:\" (both without quotes).

Once this is done, try to install SP3.

If you'd like more info about why this works, read the referenced post.

Hope that helps.

Regards,

Chris Fry
Canberra, Australia
http://www.chris-fry.com

Or see http://support.microsoft.com/kb/949385 or
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/949375
--
~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)
AumHa VSOP & Admin http://aumha.net
DTS-L http://dts-l.net/

Chris Fry wrote:

On Wednesday, June 11, 2008 3:06 PM
PCMacPet wrote:

Maybe you've solved this by now, but just in case, and for others to know...
Maybe you've solved this by now, but just in case, and for others to know...

The trouble is your Apple Boot Camp drivers. You're probably using the 1.4
or earlier. If you update to OS 10.5 and install the latest Boot Camp (now
2.1) driver set over in the Windows OS then the drive will be seen properly.
The 4 MB is the exact message you get regardless of the actual free disk
space.

Technically speaking the MacOS doesn't need to be updated to 10.5 just to
solve this, but you need to use your 10.5 disk in order to update the Boot
Camp drivers beyond Apple's beta set.

Hope this helps.

Peter

"Jeremey" wrote:

On Wednesday, March 18, 2009 9:28 AM
Anne Balish wrote:

Solution to Win XP SP3 install error
I had the same problem and found this solution on another tech website. It solved my problem.

This happens because iMac uses EFI file format which Windows XP does not support. To workaround this problem, add a registry key as follows:

1. Click Start - Run - Type ?regedit? and press enter.

2. Navigate to

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Setup]

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE
\Software
\Microsoft
\Windows
\CurrentVersion
\Setup

3. In the right pane, Right-click and select New - String value

4. Name it as ?BootDir? and set its value to ?C:\?

This should help. Try installing SP3 and should work fine.

On Sunday, October 18, 2009 7:11 AM
Ce wrote:

Hi,When I Installing Service Pack 3 Error Cames Out And It Says: The
Hi,
When I Installing Service Pack 3 Error Cames Out And It Says: The file
c:\windows\system32\drivers\ndis.sys is open or in use by another
application. Close all other applications and then click Retry.

Plz Help!! Thank You,Cez@r

--
Cez@r
Cez@r's Profile: http://forums.techarena.in/members/145457.htm

http://forums.techarena.in

On Monday, October 19, 2009 2:14 PM
MowGreen wrote:

Clean boot XP and then install SP3:How to configure Windows XP to start in a
Clean boot XP and then install SP3:

How to configure Windows XP to start in a "clean boot" state
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/310353

If it appears to be too difficult, use Method 1: Guided Help.

Otherwise, do Method 2.
After SP3 installs and restarts the system, then manually undo the clean
boot steps as described in 'Steps to configure Windows to use a Normal
startup state', and restart the system to normal Windows mode.

MowGreen
===============
*-343-* FDNY
Never Forgotten
===============

banthecheck.com
"Security updates should *never* have *non-security content* prechecked"

WPF GridView Sample To Insert, Update, and Delete Records
http://www.eggheadcafe.com/tutorials/aspnet/fc9a5bf6-f5bb-4443-a92a-c9a46fd3aeb2/wpf-gridview-sample-to-in.aspx
From: Tom Willett on
Another Egghead Deadhead

<Kevin Go> wrote in message news:201042193852kevin_go4me(a)hotmail.com...
:
http://support.microsoft.com/oas/default.aspx?ln=en-us&prid=11273&gprid=522131
:
:
:
:
: MowGreen wrote:
:
: Clean boot XP and then install SP3:How to configure Windows XP to start in
: 19-Oct-09
:
: Clean boot XP and then install SP3:
:
: How to configure Windows XP to start in a "clean boot" state
: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/310353
:
: If it appears to be too difficult, use Method 1: Guided Help.
:
:
: Otherwise, do Method 2.
: After SP3 installs and restarts the system, then manually undo the clean
: boot steps as described in 'Steps to configure Windows to use a Normal
: startup state', and restart the system to normal Windows mode.
:
: MowGreen
: ===============
: *-343-* FDNY
: Never Forgotten
: ===============
:
:
: Kumara wrote:
:
: RE: XP Service Pack 3 Error while installing
: Try this
:
:
http://www.windowsreference.com/general/error-there-is-not-enough-disk-space-when-installing-sp3/
:
: "Jeremey" wrote:
:
: On Tuesday, May 06, 2008 8:56 PM
: PA Bear [MS MVP] wrote:
:
: Re: XP Service Pack 3 Error while installing
: Review posts in this thread:
:
http://groups.google.com/group/microsoft.public.windowsxp.general/browse_frm/thread/5b1c1019d962f716
: ============================
: The hard disk space requirements for WinXP SP3
: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/947311
:
: How to troubleshoot an unsuccessful installation of WinXP SP3
: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/950718
: --
: ~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)
: MS MVP-IE, Mail, Security, Windows Desktop Experience - since 2002
:
:
:
: PA Bear [MS MVP] wrote:
:
: Free unlimited installation and compatibility support is available for
Windows
: Free unlimited installation and compatibility support is available for
: Windows XP, but only for Service Pack 3 (SP3), until 14 Apr-09. Chat and
:
:
:
:
:
:
: ----------
:
:
:
:
:
:
:
: ------------------------------------------------------------------------
: MowGreen wrote:
:
[...]
: Submitted via EggHeadCafe - Software Developer Portal of Choice

From: Michael on
....and 2 YEARS LATER you decide to post this?

--

"Don't pick a fight with an old man.

From: Tom Willett on
The Eggheaders are Deadheads.

"Michael" <mdsjhu(a)gropumail.com> wrote in message
: ...and 2 YEARS LATER you decide to post this?
:
: --
:
:
: "Don't pick a fight with an old man.
: If he is too old to fight, he'll just kill you."
:
:
: "Kevin Go" wrote in message news:201042193852kevin_go4me(a)hotmail.com...
: >
http://support.microsoft.com/oas/default.aspx?ln=en-us&prid=11273&gprid=522131
: >
: >
: >
: >
: > MowGreen wrote:
: >
[...]
: > ===============
: > *-343-* FDNY
: > Never Forgotten
: > ===============
: >
: > banthecheck.com
: > "Security updates should *never* have *non-security content* prechecked"
: >
: >
: > On Tuesday, May 06, 2008 4:12 PM
: > Jereme wrote:
: >
: > XP Service Pack 3 Error while installing
: > Hello,
: > I receive an error stating I do not have enough drive space available on
: > c:\windows\$NTServicePackUninstall..$ and that it needs 4 Meg of space.
: > do
: > not see this folder when browsing (with view hidden and system files)
and
: > I
: > have over a 100Gig of drive space available. This is a fresh install on
: > boot
: > camp. I have been successful installing on a Mac with Parallels.
: > Thanks,
: > Jeremey
: >
: > On Tuesday, May 06, 2008 5:42 PM
: > Kumara wrote:
: >
: > RE: XP Service Pack 3 Error while installing
: > Try this
: >
: >
http://www.windowsreference.com/general/error-there-is-not-enough-disk-space-when-installing-sp3/
: >
: > "Jeremey" wrote:
: >
: > On Tuesday, May 06, 2008 8:56 PM
: > PA Bear [MS MVP] wrote:
: >
: > Re: XP Service Pack 3 Error while installing
: > Review posts in this thread:
: >
http://groups.google.com/group/microsoft.public.windowsxp.general/browse_frm/thread/5b1c1019d962f716
: > ============================
: > The hard disk space requirements for WinXP SP3
: > http://support.microsoft.com/kb/947311
: >
: > How to troubleshoot an unsuccessful installation of WinXP SP3
: > http://support.microsoft.com/kb/950718
: > --
: > ~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)
: > MS MVP-IE, Mail, Security, Windows Desktop Experience - since 2002
: > AumHa VSOP & Admin http://aumha.net
: > DTS-L http://dts-l.net/
: >
: > Jeremey wrote:
: >
: > On Tuesday, May 06, 2008 10:27 PM
: > oakscrt wrote:
: >
: > Re: XP Service Pack 3 Error while installing
: > I have tried twice with different results this was the last Error Code:
: > 0x8007F0CC
: >
: > "PA Bear [MS MVP]" wrote:
: >
: > On Tuesday, May 06, 2008 10:50 PM
: > PA Bear [MS MVP] wrote:
: >
[...]
: > oakscrty wrote:
: >
: > On Tuesday, May 06, 2008 10:54 PM
: > oakscrt wrote:
: >
: > Went on my grandsons Dell with no problem but on my 4th attempt on my
box
: > and
: > Went on my grandsons Dell with no problem but on my 4th attempt on my
box
: > and
: > I am giving up for the night, anyone finds a solution let us know.
: > JSW
: >
: > "oakscrty" wrote:
: >
: > On Tuesday, May 06, 2008 11:27 PM
: > TaurAria wrote:
: >
[...]
: > "oakscrty" wrote:
: >
: > On Wednesday, May 07, 2008 1:52 AM
: > Ottmar Freudenberger wrote:
: >
: > Re: XP Service Pack 3 Error while installing
: > http://support.microsoft.com/kb/950717/en-us ->
: > http://support.microsoft.com/kb/327101/
: >
: > Bye,
: > Freudi
: >
: > On Thursday, May 29, 2008 1:04 AM
: > Chris Fr wrote:
: >
: > STANDARD REGISTRY DISCLAIMERThis post contains information on how to
edit
: > and
: > STANDARD REGISTRY DISCLAIMER
: > This post contains information on how to edit and modify your Windows
: > Registry. Backup your Registry before trying this because any improper
: > editing can cause strange behaviour and at worst could even corrupt your
: > operating system completely, requiring you to re-install Windows.
: > ----------
: >
[...]
: > PA Bear [MS MVP] wrote:
: >
: > Re: XP Service Pack 3 Error while installing
: > Or see http://support.microsoft.com/kb/949385 or
: > http://support.microsoft.com/kb/949375
: > --
: > ~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)
: > MS MVP-IE, Mail, Security, Windows Desktop Experience - since 2002
: > AumHa VSOP & Admin http://aumha.net
: > DTS-L http://dts-l.net/
: >
: > Chris Fry wrote:
: >
: > On Wednesday, June 11, 2008 3:06 PM
: > PCMacPet wrote:
: >
[...]
: > "Jeremey" wrote:
: >
: > On Wednesday, March 18, 2009 9:28 AM
: > Anne Balish wrote:
: >
[...]
: >
: > ------------------------------------------------------------------------