Prev: Sage?
From: Vince Coen on
iF6M15)
Hello All!

Is there a Open Source program that can read coreldraw files (with ext. of
cdr) available?

My wife a Senco (teacher for primary pupils with any kind of learning problems
has a very large number of training handouts created using CorelDraw developed
back in the days of versions 4,5,8 & 11.

Now her old copy of version 11 no longer works with Win XP and we can not
afford to buy the latest version and the school will not pay for it due to
budget cuts.

So I'm looking for a free program that can read them (.cdr files) and at least
print them out.

Mind you, it would be nice if it can also modify them.

Any ideas and no the Gimp is not one of them (just tried version 2.6.7 under
Mandriva 2010.0).

Vince

From: Nodoid on
Hi,

> Is there a Open Source program that can read coreldraw files (with ext. of
> cdr) available?

XaraXtreme may be what you're after : http://www.xaraxtreme.org/

TTFN

Paul
From: Whiskers on
On 2010-08-10, Vince Coen <VBCoen(a)gmail.com> wrote:
> iF6M15)
> Hello All!
>
> Is there a Open Source program that can read coreldraw files (with ext. of
> cdr) available?

[...]

> Mind you, it would be nice if it can also modify them.
>
> Any ideas and no the Gimp is not one of them (just tried version 2.6.7 under
> Mandriva 2010.0).
>

> Vince

Corel Draw is a 'vector graphics' program - an open source equivalent is
Inkscape. <http://www.techterms.com/definition/vectorgraphic> explains the
essential difference between 'vector' (Inkscape) and 'raster' (Gimp)
images.

UniConverter <http://sourceforge.net/projects/uniconvertor/> claims to be
able to convert (inter alia) Corel .cdr files into Inkscape .svg format.

--
-- Whiskers

Pages: 1
Prev: Sage?