From: John Doe on
Still enjoying my Logitech MX Revolution mouse with MicroGear
freewheeling for ultra quick scrolling. I especially like the
physical THUNK feeling after quickly spinning the mouse wheel, you
ever so lightly move the wheel in the other direction until it
gears down with a THUNK! The Logitech software sucks, but I can
work around it. The mechanics are doing well, the battery lasts a
lot longer than the prior 1000 version. Started having a slight
problem with pressing the left or right switch on the mouse wheel,
so I just stopped using those switches. I would not be surprised
if that scroll wheel is the most complex switch in the world for
its size. Apparently the same wheel technology is on cheaper
models.

If you only knew the power of the THUNK...
From: Steve on
In article <4c58d3ba$0$9937$c3e8da3(a)news.astraweb.com>,
jdoe(a)usenetlove.invalid says...

> Still enjoying my Logitech MX Revolution mouse with MicroGear
> freewheeling for ultra quick scrolling. I especially like the
> physical THUNK feeling after quickly spinning the mouse wheel, you
> ever so lightly move the wheel in the other direction until it
> gears down with a THUNK! The Logitech software sucks, but I can
> work around it. The mechanics are doing well, the battery lasts a
> lot longer than the prior 1000 version. Started having a slight
> problem with pressing the left or right switch on the mouse wheel,
> so I just stopped using those switches. I would not be surprised
> if that scroll wheel is the most complex switch in the world for
> its size. Apparently the same wheel technology is on cheaper
> models.
>
> If you only knew the power of the THUNK...

It's nowhere near the power of Ecky Thump.