From: Ric in Tx Ric in on
In Microsoft 2007,

I usually do this. In the 'View' tab, select "Split." A bar will appear in
the middle which can be moved left or right.

This will create a duplicate of your spreadsheet. BUT WAIT! It's not a
regular copy. If you make an edit on one side, the edit automatically edits
the other side. So you don't have to worry about more than one document.

Now you can drag the split where you want. This will allow the right side
to be scrollable while the left side of the split stays visible.

Say you want to hide a column, select it, and right click hide.

Hope that helps!

From: Roger Govier on
To the OP

You can use Freeze Panes wherever you like on a sheet.
Place the cursor in the cell below the first row you wish to freeze, and
to the right of the first column you want to freeze, before selecting
Freeze panes.
--
Regards
Roger Govier