From: whattaconcept on
When I made a site with a form, in the "design" mode it shows the email
recipient intended...when in preview mode, it says "WEBBOT-SELF"...when
published, it gives me _vti_bin/shtml.exe/form%20Page.htm.

HOW do I get this to send the form results to the intended email recipient?
From: Ronx on
You set the recipients address in form properties - in design view, right
click anywhere in the form and choose form properties.
Complete the property sheets.
Note that when the page is published the recipients email; address is open
to view by all and sundry (including spammers) in View Source.

In design view and Preview you should NOT be seeing WEBBOT-SELF.

In the Design pane and preview pane you should see the form fields and
submit button. The form's action should NOT be visible.
In Code view the action should be WEBBOT-SELF. There is a further webbot
comment within the form (bot="Save-results" or similar). This comment
contains parameters that describe how the results should be assembled, the
email address to send them to, and any file(s) the results should be saved
to.

If you view source in Preview, the form's action will normally be
action="_derived/nortbots.htm" unless you are editing on a server.

When published, the action changes to _vti_bin/shtml.exe/form%20Page.htm on
a Unix server. The %20 indicates a space in the file name, which may cause
problems. Remove all spaces from file and folder names to avoid problems.
The recipients email address is in the comment contained in the form, which
is parsed by shtml.exe on the server.

If your host has not set up the email transport on the FrontPage extensions
the email will not be sent, otherwise it should be sent.
--
Ron Symonds
Microsoft MVP (Expression Web)