From: mcp6453 on
Based on my research, it appears that Fuji digital cameras have excellent low
light performance. Most of our pictures are taken inside, so I'd like to do
better than my Kodak M853. Can someone recommend a Fuji (or other brand) camera
model for $300US or less that is a stellar low light performer?
From: Rich on
On Jan 17, 10:12 am, mcp6453 <mcp6...(a)gmail.com> wrote:
> Based on my research, it appears that Fuji digital cameras have excellent low
> light performance. Most of our pictures are taken inside, so I'd like to do
> better than my Kodak M853. Can someone recommend a Fuji (or other brand) camera
> model for $300US or less that is a stellar low light performer?

A used Nikon D40 or 50. A used Canon Rebel XT.
From: MG on

"mcp6453" <mcp6453(a)gmail.com> wrote in message
> Based on my research, it appears that Fuji digital cameras have excellent
> low
> light performance. Most of our pictures are taken inside, so I'd like to
> do
> better than my Kodak M853. Can someone recommend a Fuji (or other brand)
> camera
> model for $300US or less that is a stellar low light performer?

A used Fuji F30 or F31 if you can find one.

Otherwise you can try this one:
http://www.dpreview.com/reviews/fujifilmf200exr/

MG

From: ransley on
On Jan 17, 3:26 pm, Rich <rander3...(a)gmail.com> wrote:
> On Jan 17, 10:12 am, mcp6453 <mcp6...(a)gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > Based on my research, it appears that Fuji digital cameras have excellent low
> > light performance. Most of our pictures are taken inside, so I'd like to do
> > better than my Kodak M853. Can someone recommend a Fuji (or other brand) camera
> > model for $300US or less that is a stellar low light performer?
>
> A used Nikon D40 or 50.  A used Canon Rebel XT.

Thats a good point, inside P&S just dont cut it for me, they are not
flexible enough in all areas but mainly a dedicated flash cant even be
used, and iso is much better. .