Prev: Word 2000
Next: Table Cells
From: Frank A. on
I'm trying out Word 2007 and am baffled by the seeming absence of the
ability to hide the Status Bar (on the bottom) and the Full Screen
option. Why would they neglect to put these options in? I do hope I
missed something here. Otherwise I see heaps of improvements to the new
layout in Word 2007.
From: Doug Robbins - Word MVP on
Look under the View tab for the "Full Screen Reading" option.

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

From: "Tony Jollans" My forename at my surname dot on
Full Screen Editing is not on the Ribbon but can be reached via the old
shortcut of Alt+V,U and can be exited with ESC.

--
Enjoy,
Tony

www.WordArticles.com

From: Frank A. on
> Full Screen Editing is not on the Ribbon but can be reached via the old
> shortcut of Alt+V,U and can be exited with ESC.

Lol...that worked rather well. I wonder why they don't just put that in
the View menu like its been for years? Also with Word 2007 there isn't
that idiotic Message Box that used to appear and ruin Full Screen view.
Wonderful.
From: Frank A. on
> Look under the View tab for the "Full Screen Reading" option.

Its almost full screen except for a menu bar at the top. Except that now
it only takes up about 1/3 of my screen width. Is there any way of making
it "fit to width"? With the world trying to migrate away from paper and
all the waste it entails, you'd think they'd display it with more
practicality. Its as if 99% of the world still prints everything and the
view is supposed to exactly replicate the printed page. Its such hard
work dragging these dinosaurs out of the 20th century with their reams of
paper printed pointlessly, printing photos instead of investing in a
decent monitor, etc. End of rant....:)

 |  Next  |  Last
Pages: 1 2
Prev: Word 2000