From: Mark F on
On 05/25/10 16:07, Anne wrote:
> I just spoke with a Dell representative and he told me that all Dell will
> include is a "restore to factory settings" disk. He said if I wanted full
> install disks for Win7, I would have to buy the OS separately.
The same thing is wrong with that "solution" as was the case more than
10 years ago: The OS disks from Microsoft do not correspond to what
you get when you use a "restore to factory settings" disk.

So, if Dell has left out something you need, you can't start with
the factory settings and be sure that can ALL features that you
want.

You also can't start with a "standard" Windows install disk and
be sure that you can get a Windows system that works on the
computer.