From: =?ISO-8859-1?Q?Kir=E1ly?= on
Running 10.5.8 on an 1.25GHz eMac G4.

I have a VCR hooked through an analog/DV converter, that supplies DV to
the eMac through FireWire. With this I use iMovie HD 6 to watch/record
old VHS tapes. It works well.

But iMovie's full screen mode only works on DV video already saved to
disk. It won't display an incoming DV stream in full screen mode.
QuickTime Player and VLC won't open the stream at all.

Is there any app that will display incoming DV full screen without
having to save the stream to disk first?

--
K.

Lang may your lum reek.
From: =?ISO-8859-1?Q?Kir=E1ly?= on
Michael Vilain <vilain(a)nospamcop.net> wrote:
> Doubt your system has the horsepower to do that. I found my dual 1GHz
> G4 to be woefully unable to display anything but the most primitive
> video. Forget about full screen.

Streaming DV video through firewire is not exactly the latest
technology. My analog-digital converter pre-dates my eMac by three
years; I used it with a 700MHz eMac without a problem. My current eMac
has no trouble displaying DVDs, DV, and many other formats full screen
with QuickTime or iMovie. I just need an application that can display
the incoming DV full screen.

--
K.

Lang may your lum reek.
From: Malcolm on
On 2010-08-06 00:13:54 -0400, Kir�ly said:

> Michael Vilain <vilain(a)nospamcop.net> wrote:
>> Doubt your system has the horsepower to do that. I found my dual 1GHz
>> G4 to be woefully unable to display anything but the most primitive
>> video. Forget about full screen.
>
> Streaming DV video through firewire is not exactly the latest
> technology. My analog-digital converter pre-dates my eMac by three
> years; I used it with a 700MHz eMac without a problem. My current eMac
> has no trouble displaying DVDs, DV, and many other formats full screen
> with QuickTime or iMovie. I just need an application that can display
> the incoming DV full screen.

Vidi can play it
<http://www.mitzpettel.com/>

From: =?ISO-8859-1?Q?Kir=E1ly?= on
Malcolm <malcolm(a)invalid> wrote:
> Vidi can play it
> <http://www.mitzpettel.com/>

Hey, it does exacty what I want, and beautifully! THANKS!

--
K.

Lang may your lum reek.

Pages: 1