From: Rod Pemberton on
"David" <this(a)is.invalid> wrote in message
> Anyone know what function BBh of Int 0x1A on a PC is related to (which
spec
> covers it)?

Not I.

I don't see BBh for Int 0x1A in RBIL (Ralf Brown's Interrupt List) either.
Are you sure the BBh is correct? There is one listed with 0Bh and another
that has 8Bh... A few of the AX = Bxxxh functions are related to PCI and
Plug-n-Play - which have specifications.

Rod Pemberton
PS. I added a couple of groups. Maybe someone knows. You might also try
one I didn't add: comp.os.msdos.programmer.

From: David on

"Rod Pemberton" <do_not_have(a)nohavenot.cmm> wrote in message
> "David" <this(a)is.invalid> wrote in message
>> Anyone know what function BBh of Int 0x1A on a PC is related to (which
> spec
>> covers it)?
>>

> Not I.
>
> I don't see BBh for Int 0x1A in RBIL (Ralf Brown's Interrupt List) either.
> Are you sure the BBh is correct? There is one listed with 0Bh and another
> that has 8Bh... A few of the AX = Bxxxh functions are related to PCI and
> Plug-n-Play - which have specifications.
>

> Rod Pemberton
> PS. I added a couple of groups. Maybe someone knows. You might also try
> one I didn't add: comp.os.msdos.programmer.

part of tcg / bitlocker

From: H. Peter Anvin on
On 11/29/2009 05:44 PM, David wrote:

>> I don't see BBh for Int 0x1A in RBIL (Ralf Brown's Interrupt List)
>> either.
>> Are you sure the BBh is correct? There is one listed with 0Bh and
>> another
>> that has 8Bh... A few of the AX = Bxxxh functions are related to PCI and
>> Plug-n-Play - which have specifications.
>>
>> Rod Pemberton
>> PS. I added a couple of groups. Maybe someone knows. You might also
>> try
>> one I didn't add: comp.os.msdos.programmer.
>>

> part of tcg / bitlocker

The sad part is that RBIL hasn't been updated for close to 10 years.
Although the BIOS/DOS universe hasn't moved much, it hasn't been
completely still in that time, and what is worse documentation for the
balance is generally extremely hard to find.

I guess it would take volunteers to gather information and publish an
update.

-hpa
From: Rod Pemberton on

> "Rod Pemberton" <do_not_have(a)nohavenot.cmm> wrote in message
> > "David" <this(a)is.invalid> wrote in message
> >> Anyone know what function BBh of Int 0x1A on a PC is related to (which
> > spec
> >> covers it)?
> >>

> > Not I.
> >
> > I don't see BBh for Int 0x1A in RBIL (Ralf Brown's Interrupt List)
either.
> > Are you sure the BBh is correct? There is one listed with 0Bh and
another
> > that has 8Bh... A few of the AX = Bxxxh functions are related to PCI
and
> > Plug-n-Play - which have specifications.
> >

> > Rod Pemberton
> > PS. I added a couple of groups. Maybe someone knows. You might also
try
> > one I didn't add: comp.os.msdos.programmer.
> >

> part of tcg / bitlocker

Well, now that you know what it is, I found some stuff. :-)

"... Trusted Computing Group (TCG) Int 1Ah, sub-function BBh, the interface
that the Bitlocker Drive Encryption (BDE) feature of Microsoft Windows
Vista and later operating systems depends on."
http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/dd424551.aspx

"An Examination of the Windows Vista MBR"
http://mirror.href.com/thestarman/asm/mbr/VistaMBR.htm

The second one lists: "TCG PC Client Specific Implementation Specification
For Conventional BIOS". So, that's your BIOS standard. A .pdf will come up
if you search for that.

Rod Pemberton

From: yuhong on
> The second one lists: "TCG PC Client Specific Implementation Specification
> For Conventional BIOS".  So, that's your BIOS standard.  A .pdf will come up
> if you search for that.
Here is the link:
http://www.trustedcomputinggroup.org/files/temp/64505409-1D09-3519-AD5C611FAD3F799B/PC%20Client%20Implementation%20for%20BIOS.pdf