From: "Harold Fuchs" on

"John Kaufmann" <kaufmann(a)nb.net> wrote in message
> In a message dated 2010.06.30 04:34 -0500, Ashim Banerjee wrote:
>
>> Very recently we have been using open office suit in our organisation in
>> lieu of Ms. Offce. Really it is excellent. I had put forward an issue to
>> Micriosoft regarding an Excel function, but I don't know whether the
>> issue
>> has been solved by them or not. It would be very much useful as well
>> helpful
>> to open office users like us, if you could solve the issue. Forwarded
>> letter
>> is attached herewith so that you can study the issue.
>> From: ASHIM BANERJEE <banerjee.ashim(a)rediffmail.com>
>> Date: Jun 29, 2010 10:52 PM
>> Subject: Fw: Ashim Banerjee - Excel functiontions - 1-956078302 [RJ]
>> To: ashimbanerjee(a)niccoparks.com
>> ... Very recently I have seen the new version of windows i.e. Windows
>> Vista and
>> Office 2007 is going to be released. I don't know whether the inbuilt
>> function which I am going to tell is available in Office 2007 or not.
>> The
>> function is, Convert number into words or words into numbers as :
>>
>> 22507 - > TWENTY TWO THOUSEND FIVE HUNDRED SEVEN.
>
> Is that all you are asking: to convert a number to words? [If so, that is
> a relatively trivial function that has probably been implemented in
> /every/ spreadsheet program, at least by macro or user-designed function.]
> If so, it would be a good idea to put that into your Subject line, so that
> people who have had need of such functionality in Calc can see the subject
> and offer their suggestions.
>
> John

See http://user.services.openoffice.org/en/forum/viewtopic.php?f=20&t=9923
as one example found using Google

--
Harold Fuchs
London, England

For additional commands, e-mail: discuss-help(a)openoffice.org

From: "Joshua Lee" on
This message was picked up as a virus by our exchange server. I just
had it released from the quarantine, am looking at it, and have no idea
why. Thus I am replying, do any of you know why this email was thought
to have a virus?

________________________________

Joshua R. Lee
Senior Software Engineer
Global Telecom & Technology
8484 Westpark Drive, Suite 720
McLean, VA 22102 USA
Office +1 (703) 442-5500 ext 528
Direct +1 (703) 442-5528
Cell +1 (302) 824-6858
Fax +1 (703) 442-5595
Joshua.Lee(a)GT-T.net

The information in this transmittal (including attachments, if any) is
confidential, is intended only for the use of the individual named
above, and includes information which is or may be legally privileged.
Any review, use, copying, disclosure, dissemination or distribution of
the information in this transmittal other than by the intended recipient
is strictly prohibited. If you have received this transmittal in error,
please notify me by e-mail immediately and delete the original message,
any and all attachments, and all copies from all locations in your
computer systems.