From: CJB on
including for calls between Giggaff - Giffgaff users. Over the weekend
my account went down by £4+ and I was ONLY calling and texting the
person to whom I introduced to Giffgaff. NOT IMPRESSED. Bye bye
Giffgaff - hello Lebara. CJB.

From: Steve Terry on
"CJB" <chrisjbrady(a)gmail.com> wrote in message
>including for calls between Giggaff - Giffgaff users. Over the weekend
>my account went down by �4+ and I was ONLY calling and texting the
>person to whom I introduced to Giffgaff. NOT IMPRESSED. Bye bye
>Giffgaff - hello Lebara. CJB.

Free calls and text between Giffgaff users are only valid for 3 months after
a top up

Has it been 3 months since a top up?

I won't be getting rid of my giffgaff, it's always free 0800 access is ideal
for making cheap calls with callthroughs

Steve Terry
--
Welcome Sign-up Bonus of �1 when you signup free at:
http://www.topcashback.co.uk/ref/G4WWK

From: CJB on
On Jul 12, 1:12 pm, "Steve Terry" <gfour...(a)tesco.net> wrote:
> "CJB" <chrisjbr...(a)gmail.com> wrote in message
>
> news:fb2e35e5-4e5b-4a55-b16a-6ae21e69a501(a)d37g2000yqm.googlegroups.com...>including for calls between Giggaff - Giffgaff users. Over the weekend
> >my account went down by £4+ and I was ONLY calling and texting the
> >person to whom I introduced to Giffgaff. NOT IMPRESSED. Bye bye
> >Giffgaff - hello Lebara. CJB.
>
> Free calls and text between Giffgaff users are only valid for 3 months after
> a top up
>
> Has it been 3 months since a top up?
>
> I won't be getting rid of my giffgaff, it's always free 0800 access is ideal
> for making cheap calls with callthroughs
>
> Steve Terry
> --
> Welcome Sign-up Bonus of £1 when you signup free at:http://www.topcashback.co.uk/ref/G4WWK

Top up about a month ago. £25 rewards for being helpful on the
Community Boards. No point in free 0800 nos. if they are going to rip
me off for gg to gg calls and texts .
From: SimonB on
CJB <chrisjbrady(a)gmail.com> wrote:

> On Jul 12, 1:12 pm, "Steve Terry" <gfour...(a)tesco.net> wrote:
> > "CJB" <chrisjbr...(a)gmail.com> wrote in message

..>including for calls between Giggaff - Giffgaff users. Over the weekend
> > >my account went down by �4+ and I was ONLY calling and texting the
> > >person to whom I introduced to Giffgaff. NOT IMPRESSED. Bye bye
> > >Giffgaff - hello Lebara. CJB.
> >
> > Free calls and text between Giffgaff users are only valid for 3 months after
> > a top up
> >
> > Has it been 3 months since a top up?
> >
> > I won't be getting rid of my giffgaff, it's always free 0800 access is ideal
> > for making cheap calls with callthroughs
> >
> > Steve Terry
> > --
> > Welcome Sign-up Bonus of �1 when you signup free
at:http://www.topcashback.co.uk/ref/G4WWK

> Top up about a month ago. �25 rewards for being helpful on the
> Community Boards. No point in free 0800 nos. if they are going to rip
> me off for gg to gg calls and texts .

Mine free calls, etc. are working fine here.
Have you tried asking GiffGaff why yours aren't:
giffgaffteam(a)mailuk.custhelp.com
--
Simon
From: Theo Markettos on
Steve Terry <gfourwwk(a)tesco.net> wrote:
> There may be VOIP callthroughs with 0800 access but i don't know of any,
> if there is they could offer the cheapest rates.

That was the motivation for my earlier question in uk.telecom... 1 pound per
minute to international destinations outside their very small selection is
just punitive. I'm happy to pay the UK call/text costs for giffgaff, but 60
quid an hour is just silly.

So far I've only found a limited selection of expensive 0800-callthroughs,
or the calling card people. But I can't seem to find a price comparison of
calling cards, and they're a morass of restrictive tariffs (eg card only
lasts 90 days, service fee per day, confusopoly of products etc etc)

I'm tempted to try to set up my own 0800 callthrough via VOIP, but I need to
find somewhere that'll do a sensible PAYG for the number. I already have a
ringback system, but I suspect 3p/min for the inbound call to mobile isn't
going to last for long.

The other alternative is to use Three Skype and route everything over VOIP
(cos Three's phone charges aren't very good, even on Flat12)... but that's a
bit fiddly and doesn't leave me a lot of option if my Skype/SIP gateway
breaks. Plus I'd also need to do something about texts (Three's rate ain't
cheap, either on Flat12 or 3Pay). Are there any good internet-SMS apps for
Nokia S60v5 (Symbian or J2ME)?

> I can't recommend Giffgaff as a PAYG because of online only top ups.
> Quite absurd when they are squarely aimed at the teen market, unless
> they expect teens to borrow and register their mums Debit / Credit cards?

You can now topup by voucher. It should be rolled out on all the major
payment networks (Paypoint etc) by now:
http://community.giffgaff.com/t5/Welcome-and-News/eVouchers-roll-out-plan/m-p/13887/highlight/true#M805
but if there's a problem you can also use O2 topup vouchers.

Theo