From: JosephKK on
On Fri, 06 Aug 2010 01:52:41 -0400, Phil Hobbs
<pcdhSpamMeSenseless(a)electrooptical.net> wrote:

>JosephKK wrote:
>> On Thu, 05 Aug 2010 12:39:24 -0400, Phil Hobbs
>> <pcdhSpamMeSenseless(a)electrooptical.net> wrote:
>>
>>> John Larkin wrote:
><snip>
>>> Plus you lose the heat of vaporization of all that water, which destroys
>>> the thermodynamic efficiency.
>>>
>> But there are ways to do something about that, and they are done.
>
>In an open cycle steam engine? I don't thinks so. If you have an
>actual example, do tell!
>
>Cheers
>
>Phil Hobbs

You were discussing both closed cycle and open cycle. Most of the
heat scavanging is done in closed cycle engines. I'll bet that some
of them can be applied to open cycle systems. I have enough hobbies
for now.
From: Phil Hobbs on
On 8/7/2010 2:28 PM, JosephKK wrote:
> On Fri, 06 Aug 2010 01:52:41 -0400, Phil Hobbs
> <pcdhSpamMeSenseless(a)electrooptical.net> wrote:
>
>> JosephKK wrote:

>> <snip>
>>>>
>>> But there are ways to do something about that, and they are done.
>>
>> In an open cycle steam engine? I don't thinks so. If you have an
>> actual example, do tell!
>>
>> Cheers
>>
>> Phil Hobbs
>
> You were discussing both closed cycle and open cycle. Most of the
> heat scavanging is done in closed cycle engines. I'll bet that some
> of them can be applied to open cycle systems. I have enough hobbies
> for now.

You've already signed up for enough recreational impossibilities, you
say? Me too. :(

Cheers

Phil Hobbs

--
Dr Philip C D Hobbs
Principal

email: hobbs at electrooptical dot net
http://electrooptical.net
From: JosephKK on
On Sat, 07 Aug 2010 15:42:26 -0400, Phil Hobbs
<pcdhSpamMeSenseless(a)electrooptical.net> wrote:

>On 8/7/2010 2:28 PM, JosephKK wrote:
>> On Fri, 06 Aug 2010 01:52:41 -0400, Phil Hobbs
>> <pcdhSpamMeSenseless(a)electrooptical.net> wrote:

>>> <snip>

>>> In an open cycle steam engine? I don't thinks so. If you have an
>>> actual example, do tell!
>>>
>>> Cheers
>>>
>>> Phil Hobbs
>>
>> You were discussing both closed cycle and open cycle. Most of the
>> heat scavanging is done in closed cycle engines. I'll bet that some
>> of them can be applied to open cycle systems. I have enough hobbies
>> for now.
>
>You've already signed up for enough recreational impossibilities, you
>say? Me too. :(
>
>Cheers
>
>Phil Hobbs

At least i am in good company.