From: qquito on
Dear Everyone:

From time to time, I need to call a routine to compute the solar
zenith angle and solar azimuth angle, and I need to provide the YEAR,
MONTH and DATE and GMT as well as the LONGITUDE of the concerned
location.

Around the end/beginning of a month and/or a year, the converting of
time involves the change of DATE, MONTH and the YEAR. It's pretty much
a nuisance!

Is there a routine or intrinsic procedure to do the converting along
with DATE, MONTH and YEAR?

Thank you for reading and replying!

--Roland

From: Arjen Markus on
On 20 jun, 06:23, qquito <qqu...(a)hotmail.com> wrote:
> Dear Everyone:
>
> From time to time, I need to call a routine to compute the solar
> zenith angle and solar azimuth angle, and I need to provide the YEAR,
> MONTH and DATE and GMT as well as the LONGITUDE of the concerned
> location.
>
> Around the end/beginning of a month and/or a year, the converting of
> time involves the change of DATE, MONTH and the YEAR. It's pretty much
> a nuisance!
>
> Is there a routine or intrinsic procedure to do the converting along
> with DATE, MONTH and YEAR?
>
> Thank you for reading and replying!
>
> --Roland

You may try the date/time routines that appear in my Flibs project -
http://flibs.sf.net.
Nothing specific to timezones or zenith angles, but they may help in
the conversion
of date and time.

Regards,

Arjen
From: robin on
qquito wrote in message <9e8f42b6-d58f-4659-b20c-ef21a4e876ad(a)c10g2000yqi.googlegroups.com>...
>Dear Everyone:
>
>From time to time, I need to call a routine to compute the solar
>zenith angle and solar azimuth angle, and I need to provide the YEAR,
>MONTH and DATE and GMT as well as the LONGITUDE of the concerned
>location.
>
>Around the end/beginning of a month and/or a year, the converting of
>time involves the change of DATE, MONTH and the YEAR. It's pretty much
>a nuisance!

Built-in functions are available in PL/I for all date and time conversions.

From: Arjan on
> From time to time, I need to call a routine to compute the solar
> zenith angle and solar azimuth angle, and I need to provide the YEAR,
> MONTH and DATE and GMT as well as the LONGITUDE of the concerned
> location.

You can use my routines for solar angles (plus the ones for date/
time).
Send me an e-mail at
arjan [dot] van [dot] dijk [at] rivm [dot] nl.

Regards,

Arjan
From: Peter Flass on
robin wrote:
> qquito wrote in message <9e8f42b6-d58f-4659-b20c-ef21a4e876ad(a)c10g2000yqi.googlegroups.com>...
>> Dear Everyone:
>>
>>From time to time, I need to call a routine to compute the solar
>> zenith angle and solar azimuth angle, and I need to provide the YEAR,
>> MONTH and DATE and GMT as well as the LONGITUDE of the concerned
>> location.
>>
>> Around the end/beginning of a month and/or a year, the converting of
>> time involves the change of DATE, MONTH and the YEAR. It's pretty much
>> a nuisance!
>

> Built-in functions are available in PL/I for all date and time conversions.
>
>> Is there a routine or intrinsic procedure to do the converting along
>> with DATE, MONTH and YEAR?
>>
>> Thank you for reading and replying!

Converting Y-M-D to something like Lilian format will ease at least a
little of this pain. Enterprise PL/I has the SECS() builtin, or I just
posted code to do this at:
http://home.roadrunner.com/~pflass/PLI/code/secs.pli
Other than that I can't help.