From: fj on
Give it a try !

A preliminary version of a free tool able to replace "make" and
especially design for FORTRAN/C codes. The makefile(s) are replaced by
a configuration file easy to write.

Notice that this tool is mainly written in FORTRAN. It works on Unix
and Windows. Two versions (Win32 and Linux32) are available at the
following address :

http://parfum-echecs.chez-alice.fr/builder
From: Mike Prager on
On Mon, 21 Jun 2010 05:41:31 -0700 (PDT), fj <francois.jacq(a)irsn.fr>
wrote:

>A preliminary version of a free tool able to replace "make" and
>especially design for FORTRAN/C codes. The makefile(s) are replaced by
>a configuration file easy to write.
>
>Notice that this tool is mainly written in FORTRAN. It works on Unix
>and Windows. Two versions (Win32 and Linux32) are available at the
>following address :
>
>http://parfum-echecs.chez-alice.fr/builder

FJ,

Thanks for posting this. I hope you will keep us informed about
future versions. I tried this with a simple example and found that I
was unable to define LIB, LIBPRE, and LIBRARY to the program's
satisfaction. However, the general concept seems promising, and I
would like to use something a little smarter than 'make'.

--
Mike Prager, NC, USA
From: fj on
On 1 juil, 03:38, Mike Prager <mpra...(a)3.14.alum.mit.edu> wrote:
> On Mon, 21 Jun 2010 05:41:31 -0700 (PDT), fj <francois.j...(a)irsn.fr>
> wrote:
>
> >A preliminary version of a free tool able to replace "make" and
> >especially design for FORTRAN/C codes. The makefile(s) are replaced by
> >a configuration file easy to write.
>
> >Notice that this tool is mainly written in FORTRAN. It works on Unix
> >and Windows. Two versions (Win32 and Linux32) are available at the
> >following address :
>
> >http://parfum-echecs.chez-alice.fr/builder
>
> FJ,
>
> Thanks for posting this.  I hope you will keep us informed about
> future versions.  I tried this with a simple example and found that I
> was unable to define LIB, LIBPRE, and LIBRARY to the program's
> satisfaction.  However, the general concept seems promising, and I
> would like to use something a little smarter than 'make'.
>
> --
> Mike Prager, NC, USA

Could you send me the configuration file you have prepared please. I
would like to find why you get troubles.

What is the operating system you have tested ?

From: fj on
On 1 juil, 03:38, Mike Prager <mpra...(a)3.14.alum.mit.edu> wrote:
> On Mon, 21 Jun 2010 05:41:31 -0700 (PDT), fj <francois.j...(a)irsn.fr>
> wrote:
>
> >A preliminary version of a free tool able to replace "make" and
> >especially design for FORTRAN/C codes. The makefile(s) are replaced by
> >a configuration file easy to write.
>
> >Notice that this tool is mainly written in FORTRAN. It works on Unix
> >and Windows. Two versions (Win32 and Linux32) are available at the
> >following address :
>
> >http://parfum-echecs.chez-alice.fr/builder
>
> FJ,
>
> Thanks for posting this.  I hope you will keep us informed about
> future versions.  I tried this with a simple example and found that I
> was unable to define LIB, LIBPRE, and LIBRARY to the program's
> satisfaction.  However, the general concept seems promising, and I
> would like to use something a little smarter than 'make'.
>
> --
> Mike Prager, NC, USA

You are right about LIBPRE (LIBrary PREfix) which as not correctly
taken into account. But I get no trouble with LIB (library suffix) and
LIBRARY (a local library to link with).

For external libraries, I recommend to enter them as link flags...

I have updated the download page accordingly.
From: Mike Prager on
On Sun, 4 Jul 2010 09:13:27 -0700 (PDT), fj <francois.jacq(a)irsn.fr>
wrote:

>On 1 juil, 03:38, Mike Prager <mpra...(a)3.14.alum.mit.edu> wrote:
>> On Mon, 21 Jun 2010 05:41:31 -0700 (PDT), fj <francois.j...(a)irsn.fr>
>> wrote:
>>
>> >A preliminary version of a free tool able to replace "make" and
>> >especially design for FORTRAN/C codes. The makefile(s) are replaced by
>> >a configuration file easy to write.
>>
>> >Notice that this tool is mainly written in FORTRAN. It works on Unix
>> >and Windows. Two versions (Win32 and Linux32) are available at the
>> >following address :
>>
>> >http://parfum-echecs.chez-alice.fr/builder
>>
>> FJ,
>>
>> Thanks for posting this. �I hope you will keep us informed about
>> future versions. �I tried this with a simple example and found that I
>> was unable to define LIB, LIBPRE, and LIBRARY to the program's
>> satisfaction. �However, the general concept seems promising, and I
>> would like to use something a little smarter than 'make'.
>>
>> --
>> Mike Prager, NC, USA
>
>You are right about LIBPRE (LIBrary PREfix) which as not correctly
>taken into account. But I get no trouble with LIB (library suffix) and
>LIBRARY (a local library to link with).
>
>For external libraries, I recommend to enter them as link flags...
>
>I have updated the download page accordingly.

Thanks, FJ. Sorry for the delay in answering -- I didn't have the
opportunity for computing for a while. When I can, I'll try the new
version and let you know of success or failure.

Mike