From: Joshua Ferguson on
On Mar 4, 6:49 am, Matteo Bordin <matteo.bor...(a)gmail.com> wrote:
> Hello Joshua,
>
> you do not need the GNU-ARM tool chain.
>
> > > Example 2:
> > > trying to 'make all' a ready built project that comes with the NXT-
> > > GNAT throws this error:
> > > "$ make all
> > > Compiling /nxtOSEK/ecrobot/../toppers_osek/kernel/alarm.c to build/
> > > kernel/alarm.o
> > > mindstorms-nxt-gcc.exe: /nxtOSEK_ecrobot/../toppers_osek/kernel/
> > > alarm.c: No such file or directory
> > > mindstorms-nxt-gcc.exe no input files
> > > make: *** [build/kernel/alarm.o] Error 1"
>
> Which version of make are you using? Moving to a newer version of make
> shall fix the problem.
>
> Hope this helps.
>
> Matteo

First, thanks for taking an interest. I understand it's kinda rude for
me to just barge in asking questions.

Ok, I'm using 'GNU make 3.81' in Cygwin, though I also received the
same error in Msys :/
From: Joshua Ferguson on
On Mar 4, 6:49 am, Matteo Bordin <matteo.bor...(a)gmail.com> wrote:
> Hello Joshua,
>
> you do not need the GNU-ARM tool chain.
>
> > > Example 2:
> > > trying to 'make all' a ready built project that comes with theNXT-
> > > GNAT throws this error:
> > > "$ make all
> > > Compiling /nxtOSEK/ecrobot/../toppers_osek/kernel/alarm.c to build/
> > > kernel/alarm.o
> > > mindstorms-nxt-gcc.exe: /nxtOSEK_ecrobot/../toppers_osek/kernel/
> > > alarm.c: No such file or directory
> > > mindstorms-nxt-gcc.exe no input files
> > > make: *** [build/kernel/alarm.o] Error 1"
>
> Which version of make are you using? Moving to a newer version of make
> shall fix the problem.
>
> Hope this helps.
>
> Matteo

From what I can eek out of the literature, my problem is likely based
in Cygwin somehow. There's a nice GNAT Tracker Ticket in at Adacore
(#J118-020) about the problems that 1.7.x can cause. Using that
information I'm still running into errors though. I'm going to spend
some more time looking into how cygwin and mingw work.

While I'm here, are you guys using Cygwin 1.7.x? I know you used to go
with 1.5, but I'm curious if you guys had migrated upward.