From: Joshua Ferguson on
Anyone had any experience with this? I've run into problems every step
of the way :(

Example 1:
On install of the Mindstorms NXT Version of GNAT, GPS (which is
evidently installed with GNAT) has this error right at startup:

"Could not locate exec gnatls"
Should be worth noting that I rebooted after install to let $PATH take
effect
I'm pretty positive this is due to the NXT-GNAT having gnatls.exe
named mindstorms-nxt-gnatls.exe
All in all, not a problem if I could build and make from cygwin but:

Example 2:
trying to 'make all' a ready built project that comes with the NXT-
GNAT throws this error:
"$ make all
Compiling /nxtOSEK/ecrobot/../toppers_osek/kernel/alarm.c to build/
kernel/alarm.o
mindstorms-nxt-gcc.exe: /nxtOSEK_ecrobot/../toppers_osek/kernel/
alarm.c: No such file or directory
mindstorms-nxt-gcc.exe no input files
make: *** [build/kernel/alarm.o] Error 1"

So yeah, anyone that's used the GNAT GPL for LEGO Mindstorms NXT, feel
free to make your opinion heard. I've been working on getting /
something/ to make for 7ish hours with no luck.
From: Joshua Ferguson on
On Mar 3, 6:53 pm, Joshua Ferguson <joshuawfergu...(a)gmail.com> wrote:
> Anyone had any experience with this? I've run into problems every step
> of the way :(
>
> Example 1:
> On install of the Mindstorms NXT Version of GNAT, GPS (which is
> evidently installed with GNAT) has this error right at startup:
>
> "Could not locate exec gnatls"
> Should be worth noting that I rebooted after install to let $PATH take
> effect
> I'm pretty positive this is due to the NXT-GNAT having gnatls.exe
> named mindstorms-nxt-gnatls.exe
> All in all, not a problem if I could build and make from cygwin but:
>
> Example 2:
> trying to 'make all' a ready built project that comes with the NXT-
> GNAT throws this error:
> "$ make all
> Compiling /nxtOSEK/ecrobot/../toppers_osek/kernel/alarm.c to build/
> kernel/alarm.o
> mindstorms-nxt-gcc.exe: /nxtOSEK_ecrobot/../toppers_osek/kernel/
> alarm.c: No such file or directory
> mindstorms-nxt-gcc.exe no input files
> make: *** [build/kernel/alarm.o] Error 1"
>
> So yeah, anyone that's used the GNAT GPL for LEGO Mindstorms NXT, feel
> free to make your opinion heard. I've been working on getting /
> something/ to make for 7ish hours with no luck.

Also, I've followed the instructions in the root README.txt file
regarding installing nxtOSEK and replacing the ecrobot.c,
lejos_osek.tmf, tool_gcc.mak files, as well as editing tool_gcc.mak's
GNUARM directory variable.

I saw some people mention the http://lejos-osek.sourceforge.net/installation.htm
page, which I agree is nice (and has good instructions for getting
cygwin & nxtOSEK going) but has you go through installing GNUARM,
which I don't think is actually necessary for Ada code. I have a
feeling my problem lies in the new 'major' release of cygwin (1.7).

If anyone has any ideas, I'd be thankful for your time. Sorry for
crashing the group all the sudden.
From: Martina Marinello on
Hello Joshua,

You do not need to install the GNU-ARM tool chain.

> > Example 2:
> > trying to 'make all' a ready built project that comes with the NXT-
> > GNAT throws this error:
> > "$ make all
> > Compiling /nxtOSEK/ecrobot/../toppers_osek/kernel/alarm.c to build/
> > kernel/alarm.o
> > mindstorms-nxt-gcc.exe: /nxtOSEK_ecrobot/../toppers_osek/kernel/
> > alarm.c: No such file or directory
> > mindstorms-nxt-gcc.exe no input files
> > make: *** [build/kernel/alarm.o] Error 1"

Which version of make are you using? You need a reasonably recent
version.
From: Matteo Bordin on
Hello Joshua,

you do not need the GNU-ARM tool chain.

> > Example 2:
> > trying to 'make all' a ready built project that comes with the NXT-
> > GNAT throws this error:
> > "$ make all
> > Compiling /nxtOSEK/ecrobot/../toppers_osek/kernel/alarm.c to build/
> > kernel/alarm.o
> > mindstorms-nxt-gcc.exe: /nxtOSEK_ecrobot/../toppers_osek/kernel/
> > alarm.c: No such file or directory
> > mindstorms-nxt-gcc.exe no input files
> > make: *** [build/kernel/alarm.o] Error 1"

Which version of make are you using? Moving to a newer version of make
shall fix the problem.

Hope this helps.

Matteo
From: Matteo Bordin on