From: Walter Briscoe on
I run Windows Mobile 6.1 on an HTC Blackstone Touch HD T8282.
I use it at various locations within one city.
I run an application which acquires a GPS lock.
Typically, I need 6 locks in 4 elapsed hours.
I have QuickGPS installed and my data is new.

Sometimes I get a lock quickly - within 30 seconds - and sometimes I
don't get a lock in 5 minutes.

My current hypothesis is that difficulty in getting a lock is due to
corrupt ephemeris data. Is that plausible. I test at home to eliminate
sky visibility as a variant.

I have googled on this and been told ephemeris data is in
\windows\packed_ephemeris.ee. I see no such file. I do see
\windows\GPSLogFile and \windows\GPSLogFileBack. At the moment, both
show yesterday's date, even though I have seen the former change today.

I would appreciate any pointers to fixing this problem.
--
Walter Briscoe