From: sobriquet on

Hello.

When I try to use the GPS on my HTC touch pro, I can't get it working
with TomTom 7.
Can anyone help me out with the exact required setting for the phone
and for TomTom to get it working properly?
The problem seems to be that TomTom says there is no GPS device
detected. I have set
TomTom to use the internal GPS device, but I can't find any other
additional settings in TomTom for the internal GPS.
In the HTC (External GPS) settings, I have GPS set to automatic
configuration. I've also downloaded the latest GPS ephemeris data with
the QuickGPS program.

Kind regards and thanks in advance for any suggestions, Niek
From: sobriquet on
On 9 jan, 03:14, sobriquet <dohduh...(a)yahoo.com> wrote:
> Hello.
>
> When I try to use the GPS on my HTC touch pro, I can't get it working
> with TomTom 7.
> Can anyone help me out with the exact required setting for the phone
> and for TomTom to get it working properly?
> The problem seems to be that TomTom says there is no GPS device
> detected. I have set
> TomTom to use the internal GPS device, but I can't find any other
> additional settings in TomTom for the internal GPS.
> In the HTC (External GPS) settings, I have GPS set to automatic
> configuration. I've also downloaded the latest GPS ephemeris data with
> the QuickGPS program.
>
> Kind regards and thanks in advance for any suggestions, Niek

Nevermind.. a little googling yielded promising results. :-)

http://www.tomtomforums.com/showthread.php?p=78629

Quoting a relevant section from this forum below, in case others
encounter the same
problem getting tom tom 7 navigator to work on the HTC touch pro:

Just got it going.

Start
Settings
System
External GPS

Programs tab - select COM4
Hardware tab - GPS hardware port = (None), Baud rate = 4800
Access tab - Check the box for "Manage GPS Automatically"

Hit OK

Then open TomTom

Touch the signal bar then the signal bar again

OR

Go to Preferences then Show GPS status

Hit - Configure
Select - Other NMEA GPS receiver
Ensure the baud rate is set at 4800
hit Done
Select COM4:

Job Done.

Don't phone Tom Tom support they tell you that you can't do it and
it's not compatible!!!!!!!!!!!!