From: klaymen on
On Oct 2, 11:43 pm, "Peter Lawton" <DevNull(a)fakedomain> wrote:
> No unfortunately I think it's a bug in WM6.1, it's the same for every 6.1
> phone I've looked at.
>
> I haven't found a work round yet either :(
>
> Peter Lawton
>
> "Deniz Miscioglu" <DenizMiscio...(a)discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
> messagenews:AC1A0221-B5FA-4F40-85F8-5C7C3196CB32(a)microsoft.com...
>
> > Hi Peter,
>
> > Have you had any luck in enabling the "use above settings when roaming"
> > option?
>
> > I am having the same issue, option is grayed out and cannot be enabled.
>
> > Many thanks
> > Deniz
>
> > "Peter Lawton" wrote:
>
> >> I've got an HTC TyTN II with Windows Mobile 6.1 on and the Active Sync
> >> schedule setting "Use above settings when roaming" is unselected and
> >> grayed
> >> out
>
> >> If I manually set the registry entry:-
> >> [HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\ActiveSync]
> >> "SyncWhenRoaming"=dword:00000001
> >> It reverts to 00000000 when the device next syncs
>
> >> The Exchange server is set to allow sync when roaming and several WM 6..0
> >> devices syncing with the same Exchange server and same ActiveSync policy
> >> allow the setting to be changed.
>
> >> It appears to me that it may be parsing the ActiveSync policy incorrectly
>
> >> Anyone else come across this issue?
>
> >> Thanks
>
> >> Peter Lawton

On exchange 2007, the Client access policy for "Allow sync when
roaming" should be UNTICKED on the profile. this will allow the user
to edit the field on the device.
From: klaymen on
On Oct 2, 11:43 pm, "Peter Lawton" <DevNull(a)fakedomain> wrote:
> No unfortunately I think it's a bug in WM6.1, it's the same for every 6.1
> phone I've looked at.
>
> I haven't found a work round yet either :(
>
> Peter Lawton
>
> "Deniz Miscioglu" <DenizMiscio...(a)discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
> messagenews:AC1A0221-B5FA-4F40-85F8-5C7C3196CB32(a)microsoft.com...
>
> > Hi Peter,
>
> > Have you had any luck in enabling the "use above settings when roaming"
> > option?
>
> > I am having the same issue, option is grayed out and cannot be enabled.
>
> > Many thanks
> > Deniz
>
> > "Peter Lawton" wrote:
>
> >> I've got an HTC TyTN II with Windows Mobile 6.1 on and the Active Sync
> >> schedule setting "Use above settings when roaming" is unselected and
> >> grayed
> >> out
>
> >> If I manually set the registry entry:-
> >> [HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\ActiveSync]
> >> "SyncWhenRoaming"=dword:00000001
> >> It reverts to 00000000 when the device next syncs
>
> >> The Exchange server is set to allow sync when roaming and several WM 6..0
> >> devices syncing with the same Exchange server and same ActiveSync policy
> >> allow the setting to be changed.
>
> >> It appears to me that it may be parsing the ActiveSync policy incorrectly
>
> >> Anyone else come across this issue?
>
> >> Thanks
>
> >> Peter Lawton

On exchange 2007, the client access policy for "Allow sync when
roaming" should be UNTICKED on the server profile. this will allow the
user to edit the field on the device
From: Peter Lawton on
Great, that works - many thanks :)

Peter Lawton