From: Dennis Putnam on
I am trying to upgrade to Postfix 2.5.5 and am having a problem with GSSAPI authentication. When I try to send mail, I get this error in the log:

warning: SASL authentication failure: GSSAPI Error: Unspecified GSS failure. Minor code may provide more information (Key table entry not found)

This was all working with version 2.1.5 so I am guessing that there is a change I need to make to the configuration. However, this error message is not very helpful as I know the Kerberos information is correct because it works with the same credentials for other things.

Can someone point me in the right direction on this? TIA.
From: Victor Duchovni on
On Mon, Dec 14, 2009 at 08:54:32AM -0500, Dennis Putnam wrote:

> I am trying to upgrade to Postfix 2.5.5 and am having a problem with GSSAPI authentication. When I try to send mail, I get this error in the log:
>
> warning: SASL authentication failure: GSSAPI Error: Unspecified GSS failure. Minor code may provide more information (Key table entry not found)

You have eliminated the most important part of this error message:
the name of the complaining process. We can guess that it was "smtpd",
as we expect the SMTP server to use keytabs, and the SMTP client to use
a credential cache.

The error indicates that "smtp/<servername>@REALM" was not found in the
keytab file used. Make sure you are using the right keytab file and that
it has the expected contents.

--
Viktor.

From: Victor Duchovni on
On Mon, Dec 14, 2009 at 01:55:07PM -0500, Dennis Putnam wrote:

> You are correct, it was indeed SMTP.

Which "SMTP"? The server "smtpd" (as I surmised) or the client "smtp"?

> I thought about that but I can't find any references to it in the
> Postfx documentation.

Postfix does not implement SASL GSSAPI, Cyrus SASL implements GSSAPI.
So, Postfix does not document GSSAPI.

> Where do I look to specify that? If it simply
> uses mit.edu.Kerberos, that file is correct.

This is not a "keytab" file, it is the equivalent of krb5.conf on
MacOSX systems.

> It may be that it can't
> find that file but again I don't see where to specify a path for it.

Where did you deploy the keys for "smtp/<hostname>@REALM"?
How did you tell Postfix where to look for the keys?

Viktor.