From: George on
I have the same problem but I am using Windows 7. I installed the hot fix but it did not solve the problem. Any other suggestions?
Thanks
Georg
George(a)Lawshe.com

Brian Tillman wrote:

Re: Outlook BCC problem
14-May-08

While I do not know if it is true, it is well within the realm of possibility.
--
Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook]

On Wednesday, May 14, 2008 7:17 AM
RonBoy wrote:

Outlook BCC problem
When I receive an email message (with Outlook 2003/Vista Ultimate) from
someone with all recipients in "bcc", the message comes through with the
Internet headers showing within the message and any attachments show in ASCII
text format. If even one address, i.e. the sender's, is included in the "to"
field, the messages come through clean.

Interestingly, I can receive the same e-mail message on another machine
(Outlook 2007/Vista Premium) on the LAN without loss of formatting.
Additionally, those messages can then be ???Forwarded??? -- going back through
the ISP -- to the Outlook 2003 machine with original formatting remaining
intact.

Does anyone have a suggestion(s) on how to fix this?

On Wednesday, May 14, 2008 8:00 AM
neo [mvp outlook] wrote:

Re: Outlook BCC problem
Give this a shot...

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/951982

Would be interested in hearing the results.

On Wednesday, May 14, 2008 11:07 AM
RonBoy wrote:

Re: Outlook BCC problem
"neo [mvp outlook]" wrote:

I downloaded the "hotfix" and ran the Installation file. I am still unable
to read the e-mails properly. Is it possible that the current e-mails are
permanently damaged and I have to wait until I receive new ones?

On Wednesday, May 14, 2008 2:26 PM
Brian Tillman wrote:

Re: Outlook BCC problem
While I do not know if it is true, it is well within the realm of possibility.
--
Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook]

On Wednesday, May 14, 2008 7:34 PM
neo [mvp outlook] wrote:

Brian is just big teaser...
Brian is just big teaser...

Yes, the ones you already received are permanently what they are. Hopefully
you do not see the same thing on new messages after the update.

On Wednesday, May 14, 2008 8:19 PM
RonBoy wrote:

Re: Outlook BCC problem
"Ron Boyd" wrote:

After receiving new e-mails, I can now confirm: It worked. The problem seems
to be resolved.

I notice, however, that the previous e-mails had a blank "To" listing. The
new e-mails have "Undisclosed Recepients" on that line. I hope this is not
related to the earlier statement that anything in the "To" slot would mean a
correct format. Crossed fingers.

Any other suggestions?

On Thursday, May 15, 2008 6:47 AM
neo [mvp outlook] wrote:

Thanks for the feedback that the patch worked and nope, nothing new to suggest
Thanks for the feedback that the patch worked and nope, nothing new to
suggest other than enjoy using OL2003 under Vista.

On Thursday, May 15, 2008 8:36 AM
Brian Tillman wrote:

Re: Outlook BCC problem
Ron Boyd <RonBoyd(a)discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

The hotfix's release notes do specifically mention "undisclosed-recipients"
in the To field. I hope that the hotfix developers thought beyond just that
one specific case. Time will tell.
--
Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook]

IIS 7.0 Extensionless UrlRewriting (Short urls)
http://www.eggheadcafe.com/tutorials/aspnet/6592d2d4-bbf4-4ecd-93df-52898c6aa5d7/iis-70-extensionless-url.aspx
From: Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook] on
<George Lawshe> wrote in message news:2010419233120george(a)lawshe.com...

>I have the same problem but I am using Windows 7. I installed the hot fix
>but it did not solve the
> problem. Any other suggestions?

My first suggestion is to completely uninstall your antivirus program and
reinstall it without any mail scanning. Retest with a new message.
--
Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook]