From: NABIL.B on
Hi,
I am very new in web service with the perl language so, i writed a cgi
script (as server) and a pl script (as client).
Now, i want to generate a wsdl file to make a web service composition.
Please, tell me how can i make this task?
I spent a lot of time without result.
Best regards
Nabil
From: J. Gleixner on
NABIL.B wrote:
> Hi,
> I am very new in web service with the perl language so, i writed a cgi
> script (as server) and a pl script (as client).
> Now, i want to generate a wsdl file to make a web service composition.
> Please, tell me how can i make this task?
> I spent a lot of time without result.

I've used WSDL::Generator before, and it looks like there might
be a few other solutions:

http://search.cpan.org/search?query=wsdl&mode=all

I always, always, always run into problems with clients written
in Java or .Net when they try to consume a generated WSDL, for
a Web Service written in perl ( e.g. SOAP::Lite), or trying
to write one manually, unless the service is very simple. For
such a simple standard, I've found it's nearly impossible to
create one manually that works for all clients.

If you're using perl on the client side too, it's much more
forgiving and generating the WSDL works very nicely. YMMV.