From: Jason on
Hello

I'm trying to get the cell value, if the cell has a value over a certain
range, but when I run this, I keep getting a run time error. Any ideas?
Can I not use the range funtion like this?

Sub CellValue()
Dim x
For Each x In Range("c1:c100")
If Not IsEmpty(x) Then
Debug.Print "The value is " & Range(x).Text
End If
Next x
End Sub

From: Rick Rothstein on
It is usually helpful to tell us exactly what error message you are getting
and which line it is occurring on. With that said, I think your problem is
in the Debug.Print statement, namely, the variable "x" is already a range,
so you don't have to encase it in a call to Range. Try that line like
this...

Debug.Print "The value is " & x.Text

--
Rick (MVP - Excel)

From: Jason on
The error I was getting was Run-time error '1004':
Application-defined or object-defined error

Made the change, you recommned, and that resolved my issue, thanks

From: Jason on
So as I find a cell that isn't empty, how do I actually get a hold of that
cell location, i.e c2 c5 c10 ?

For Each x In Range("c1:c100")
If Not IsEmpty(x) Then
Debug.Print "The value is " & x.Text
MsgBox ActiveCell.Address

End If
Next x

From: Dave Peterson on
Dim x as range

For Each x In Range("c1:c100").cells
If Not IsEmpty(x) Then
Debug.Print "The value is " & x.Text
MsgBox x.Address
exit for 'if you want to stop after the first non-empty cell.
End If
Next x

--

Dave Peterson