From: Dee on
I have three fields Review Frequency; Review Date, Next Review Date

The user selects a review frequency of "annual" then enters a review date
in. So then I would like the next review date to equal the review date +365

The user may also select quarterly, monthy (or N/A) and so on.
I know I probably need code in the afterupdate field of the review frequency
but dont know VBA very well.

Thank you in advance.
From: John W. Vinson on
On Thu, 11 Feb 2010 07:50:10 -0800, Dee <Dee(a)discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>I have three fields Review Frequency; Review Date, Next Review Date

Only two of these fields should exist, since they are mutually dependent. If
you know the frequency you syould use a Query to *display* - not store - the
next review date.

The only exception to this principle would be if the "next review date" is
just a suggestion, a default, which can be overridden legitimateely.

>The user selects a review frequency of "annual" then enters a review date
>in. So then I would like the next review date to equal the review date +365

How are you storing Review Frequency? As a Lookup? If so, are you storing a
numeric ID or the actual text string "Monthly", "Annual"?

>The user may also select quarterly, monthy (or N/A) and so on.
>I know I probably need code in the afterupdate field of the review frequency
>but dont know VBA very well.

Right you are... and it's not hard. Post the answers to these questions and
someone should be able to fix your form code.
--

John W. Vinson [MVP]