From: "Josh Agarrio" nospam at no on
"Jeff Johnson" <i.get(a)enough.spam> wrote in message
> "Josh" <no spam please. Thanks> wrote in message
> You could TRY using the FindExecutable() API function, but the docs state
> that the file name you pass in "should be a document." I don't know it it
> will work with a simple URL, like http://www.microsoft.com. You could go
> the cheesy way and give it the name of an HTML file and just play the odds
> that 99.99999999999% of people have the same program associated with .HTM
> that they do with the HTTP[S] protocol.

Thank you Jeff. It's interesting that there isn't a single point of entry
for determining this info, but at least I know to stop looking. :)

There is a slight chance for this product I'm making that someone would want
to distinguish among http, https, and htmlfile, but I'm not going to get
bogged down by it now. We'll save that for release 2!

Thanks a lot for your input.