From: Adam on
Hi,

How can I get the size of a file on an ftp server before downloading the
file. Basically I want to create a progress bar to show the progress of the
download as its being downloaded. If anyone could point me to any good
resources or explain what i need to do. I am using Visual Studio 2010 beta,
but code needs to be able to be run on 2.0 framework, if possible.

Thanks in advance,

Adam

From: Mike Lovell on
> How can I get the size of a file on an ftp server before downloading the
> file. Basically I want to create a progress bar to show the progress of
> the download as its being downloaded. If anyone could point me to any
> good resources or explain what i need to do. I am using Visual Studio
> 2010 beta, but code needs to be able to be run on 2.0 framework, if
> possible.

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/system.net.webrequestmethods.ftp.getfilesize.aspx
(available in .NET Framework 2.0)

--
Mike
GoTinker, C# Blog

From: Adam on
Thanks Mike,

Searching on that function, i found the article below and it has worked for
me.

(http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/netfxnetcom/thread/0206feb5-90fe-4296-8fae-739dbbe4609c