From: BillP on
I've found numerous examples of this and understand its use but what I
need is the opposite ... something like "SetDetailsOf" that will enable
me to programatically set Comments, Author, Subject, etc. I'm running XP
Pro and would prefer a VBScript (CScript) solution.

From: "Michael Harris (MVP)" <mikhar at mvps dot on
BillP wrote:
> I've found numerous examples of this and understand its use but what I
> need is the opposite ... something like "SetDetailsOf" that will
> enable me to programatically set Comments, Author, Subject, etc. I'm
> running XP Pro and would prefer a VBScript (CScript) solution.

Unfortunatley there is no scriptable way to set extended properties, only
read them...

--
Michael Harris
Microsoft MVP Scripting

From: BillP on
I don't mind doing a little programming (C, C++, C#) if you could
privide a pointer to the appropriate APIs or object model. I'd likely
implement a (relatively) simple command line utility to call from my
scripts.

From: mayayana on
I don't know much about this but I got curious
and found a few things.
You mean the properties in MS Office docs?
Since extended properties in, say, a PDF would
require dealing with a different file format, I'm
assuming that there's no such thing as a generic
reader/writer for such properties.

For MS Office, if you go here:

http://support.microsoft.com/?id=224351

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?familyid=9ba6fac6-520b-4a0a-
878a-53ec8300c4c2&displaylang=en

you can apparently download a plugin known as
dsofile.dll that will give you a scriptable
object: DSOleFile.PropertyReader

According to this:

http://blogs.msdn.com/gstemp/archive/2004/02/25/79867.aspx

that object can be used to read and write Office
doc properties.
--

mayayXXana1a(a)mindYYspring.com
For return email remove XX and YY.