From: Markus Ohlenroth on
hello outside,

when i retrieve column information on an acces table:
by using: GetOleDbSchemaTable(OleDbSchemaGuid.Columns,

I get something like the following:

<field TABLE_CATALOG="" TABLE_SCHEMA="" TABLE_NAME="articles"
COLUMN_NAME="ID" COLUMN_GUID="" COLUMN_PROPID="" ORDINAL_POSITION="1"
COLUMN_HASDEFAULT="False" COLUMN_DEFAULT="" COLUMN_FLAGS="90"
IS_NULLABLE="False" DATA_TYPE="3" TYPE_GUID="" CHARACTER_MAXIMUM_LENGTH=""
CHARACTER_OCTET_LENGTH="" NUMERIC_PRECISION="10" NUMERIC_SCALE=""
DATETIME_PRECISION="" CHARACTER_SET_CATALOG="" CHARACTER_SET_SCHEMA=""
CHARACTER_SET_NAME="" COLLATION_CATALOG="" COLLATION_SCHEMA=""
COLLATION_NAME="" DOMAIN_CATALOG="" DOMAIN_SCHEMA="" DOMAIN_NAME=""
DESCRIPTION="" />

the meaning of some of the information is obvoius, but some is not.

Can anybody point me to a documentation on this information?

thanks
Markus
From: Stefan Hoffmann on
hi Markus,

Markus Ohlenroth wrote:
> when i retrieve column information on an acces table:
> by using: GetOleDbSchemaTable(OleDbSchemaGuid.Columns,
Why don't you use the DAO.TableDefs collection?

> Can anybody point me to a documentation on this information?
Maybe

http://msdn.microsoft.com/de-de/library/system.data.oledb.oledbconnection.getoledbschematable(VS.80).aspx

?

mfG
--> stefan <--

From: Markus Ohlenroth on
hi Stefan
thanks for your information.

Maybe I was inaccurate in my question.

But actually I was looking for documentation on the information returned,
like e.g.
COLUMN_FLAGS="90"
and not on how the GetOledbSchemaTable works

From: Stefan Hoffmann on
hi Markus,

Markus Ohlenroth wrote:
> Maybe I was inaccurate in my question.
Yes, maybe .)

> But actually I was looking for documentation on the information returned,
> like e.g.
> COLUMN_FLAGS="90"
> and not on how the GetOledbSchemaTable works

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/309681

see the links at the end. Maybe also

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/kcax58fh.aspx

mfG
--> stefan <--
From: Markus Ohlenroth on

hi Stefan,
which link do you mean?
I could not find one piece of documentation on the values the returned field
named
COLUMN_FLAGS can take.
mfg
Markus